"Here's What 75 Preppers Learned During The Lockdown" -- Re: Australian's being prepped for total lockdown, no more freedom of movement

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Fri Jul 17 06:20:43 PDT 2020

Folks, it ain't over till the politically obese lady sings, and "it" clearly ain't over.

For those who value their sorry hide, continuing to stay ahead of the curve in your preparedness may be the message you ought advise yourself of.

Given the abundant "drill" ongoing, don't cry if you ain't ready when it arrives.  It's all very well (and good) to be able to laugh and keep spirits high, but laughter won't fill the belly aching from hunger.

You may know someone who's still on the fence, not really sure if they should prep.  God willing, being prepped will turn out to be not needed.  But should turmoil hit, those Souls you assist to do a little self preserving prep may end up alive as a result, or they may end up with some excess rice and water - no biggie.

   Here's What 75 Preppers Learned During The Lockdown
   Daisy Luther via The Organic Prepper blog,
   https://www.theorganicprepper.com/what-preppers-learned-during-lockdown/
   https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-finance/heres-what-75-preppers-learned-during-lockdown

      The lockdown that recently took place due to the pandemic was like a practice run for a bigger SHTF event. Many of our prepper theories played out and were accurate, while others weren’t as realistic as we thought beforehand.
      https://www.theorganicprepper.com/the-lockdown-of-america-begins/
      https://www.theorganicprepper.com/selco-survival-lessons-pandemic/

      People who weren’t preppers already learned a lot about why they would want to be better prepared in the future, but they weren’t the only ones who learned lessons. These preppers took a moment to answer questions about the lessons they learned during the lockdown. (Here’s an article about the things I learned.)
      https://www.theorganicprepper.com/what-i-learned-during-the-covid-crisis/

      What did you learn about preparedness during the lockdown?

      Trisha…

      I learned two main things. First, I was very surprised at how strongly the isolation hit me. I am a person who is “energized” by interacting with other people. I knew that already, but I was shocked at how MUCH it affected me. Second, I got a taste of normalcy bias. I kept trying to see ways in which our situation was still “Normal”. As a school teacher of little ones for thirty years, I was pretty much used to switching into action immediately to deal with a crisis and putting my feelings on the back burner. So, I was shocked that it took me a couple of months to “accept” the changes in our lives and start looking for creative ways to make life work and meet our needs.