[openzfs/zfs] mentions to 'child gangs' in the source (#10554)

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sat Jul 11 18:01:48 PDT 2020

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 11:46:46AM -0700, misterbigstuff wrote:
> considering the trend for removing problematic language, is there another term that could be applied to gang blocks that could make discussion of such topics easier and less trigger-prone?

This PC posturing is reactionary, and not at all sincere (by the hidden instigators originating this plan upon us all), - it is attempts to control our language, and more yet..

Controlling language is a temporary "effect producing intention" dasigned to demonstrate power, to cause submission to a hidden will, and nothing else, and under the guise of social signalling.

Controlling language, or rather, imposing the will of a minority (not the stated minority of "those triggered" either) upon the majority in regard to the words we use, is also an attempt to control thoughts.  As Professor of psychology Dr. Jordan Peterson has pointed out quite succinctly, we "think" in words, and so such attempts to control the words we use, is an attempt to control our thoughts.

And the reason this can only be temporary is that all concepts still exist (child, gang, etc) for eternity, and in time we will if we succumb to this hidden intention, begin to use new words for the old concepts, but in the meantime we will be poorer of thought and definitively testing the waters of society wide, violent revolution; I suggest this is unwise.  As temporary as it may be, the destructive power it unleashes is usually unseen until too late.

Some folks really do not know that they are being lead in their superficial social signalling desires, for hidden and very dark intentions.  If you are unfamiliar, please begin to read Solzhenitsyn's "Gulag Archipelago" which was recently translated into English and available for download, and was for decades outlawed in Russia.  We owe it to ourselves to not fall into these same traps again.

If you struggle with the basics of good and evil, as many have and some still do, consider the following:

   I have a conscience.

   By my conscience I know good, and evil.

   By my will, I choose to do good, and not evil.

Pretending evil "will no longer exist if certain words are no longer used" is obviously not true, and not a solution, and carrying very real and historically precedented potential consequences.

It is not the words we use which are the measure of us, it is how we treat one another.

Let's be kind, but firm in the face of those who need help to cope in this world and direct them in weys to get the support and help they may genuinely need.