in app (Java) crypt "file store"/ media cache ?

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Mon Jul 6 11:32:11 PDT 2020

On Mon, Jul 06, 2020 at 02:30:44PM +0000, таракан wrote:
> > Surely failing to cache such things is a needless deficiency which
> > would be called a bug by most user's?
>
> I wouldn't call that a bug... caching is very,very error-prone and as I said inherently a security problem. In other area than computation, AI, etc...  caching is generally used for multimedia applications. I consider it as a stupid technique in such area. Sensitive things should never be cached...

Cahe enable/disable shall be a setting - that is trivial to do.

Then the question of default rises.

Failure to cache things that the user expects to be cached, is really irritating - firefox bugged me for years, despite many attempts to force caching of everything...

We can also do something inbetween - e.g. have pop-up menu to swap current default setting for this item, or purge entire cache, or backup to another instance (say, from phone to your workstation across a local or ad-hoc wireless) any useful functions the user might want, with different defaults a click away :)