Re: If you wanna make your own open-source chip, just Google it. Literally. Web giant says it'll fab them for free • The Register

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at rushpost.com
Sat Jul 4 14:43:53 PDT 2020

On 7/4/20 16:30, таракан wrote:

>> Granted, I'm not sure I'd trust Google with something like this (I
>> actually disable Google Chrome on my Android phones and use Firefox
>> instead),
>
> I hope you're aware that basically android = google/alphabet... so disabling chrome on Android won't protect you much from 'evil' google...

I'm aware of that... until I can afford a Librem 5, Android phones are
really the only viable option, as iOS (Apple) is far worse in terms of
user freedom.

It does keep Google away from my browsing history, though, even if
otherwise it's mainly a symbolic gesture. I get a kick out of how Google
tries to warn you that your phone won't work right if you disable
Chrome, too...

http://www.rantroulette.com
http://www.skqrecordquest.com