[OT, but curious] bye bye, 5G...

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Fri Jul 3 19:50:10 PDT 2020

On 06/28/2020 09:17 PM, Punk-Stasi 2.0 wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Jun 2020 17:51:07 -0700
> Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:

<snip>

>> However, it's  likely that some populations are more susceptible than others, so it's
>> not as extreme as bananas (clones) or even typical agricultural crops.
>
> 	yeah the asians are most susceptible. Oh, wait! That was YET ANOTHER bullshit claim, but it turns out that flu hysteria in places like china, korea or japan was over months ago or has a pretty low number of cases - or both.

I just saw a link to Zeberg and Pääbo (2020) The major genetic risk
factor for severe COVID-19 is inherited from Neandertals.[0] The
abstract follows:

| A recent genetic association study (Ellinghaus et al. 2020)
| identified a gene cluster on chromosome 3 as a risk locus for
| respiratory failure in SARS-CoV-2. Recent data comprising
| 3,199 hospitalized COVID-19 patients and controls reproduce
| this and find that it is the major genetic risk factor for
| severe SARS-CoV-2 infection and hospitalization (COVID-19
| Host Genetics Initiative). Here, we show that the risk is
| conferred by a genomic segment of ~50 kb that is inherited
| from Neandertals and occurs at a frequency of ~30% in south
| Asia and ~8% in Europe.

Maybe we ought to protect old people, those with serious health
problems, and carriers of this genetic sequence, and let everyone else
get on with their lives.

<snip>

0) https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.07.03.186296v1.full.pdf