The Daily Beast: Up Against the Coronavirus, China's Surveillance State Has Failed

Punk-Stasi 2.0 punks at tfwno.gf
Tue Jan 28 11:48:39 PST 2020

On Tue, 28 Jan 2020 18:10:43 +0000
coderman <coderman at protonmail.com> wrote:

> > Also see what Theodore Roszak said about the "Rule of 'Experts', aka
> > Technocracy...
>
> his tirade reads more like a Luddite treatise.

	It's not a tirade, it's just 3 paragraphs. It's spot on, and 'luddite' is a smear term.

>what he fails to understand is that technology is a tool:

	What you 'fail' to understand is that complex industrial processes are not just a tool. You either fail to understand that in which case you should shut up and listen, or else you know it and are dishonestly pretending that you don't.

>decentralized and in the hands of individuals, they are the empowered ones!

	we are waiting for your decentralized foudries and all the rest of the decentralized  supply chain.

> when concentrated into highly centralized authoritarian structures, often tied to the state like good members of fascist corporatism, technology is every bit the horror described.

	has 'technology' ever been a tool that advanced individual freedom? Nope.

> build decentralized systems to empower individuals!
>
> then, technology and technocrats your ally...

	a technocrat is a kind of politician and politicians are the enemy