This is the Opportunity-cost of NOT implementing my AP idea

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at rushpost.com
Mon Jan 13 21:40:17 PST 2020

On 1/13/20 10:41, Razer wrote:
> On 1/13/20 1:12 AM, Shawn K. Quinn wrote:
>> When was the change made to only allow subscribers to post?
>
> WTF kind of listserv allows posts from non-subscribers? Never heard of
> any such thing, and the only reason I can see for that arrangment is to
> destroy the usability of a list and clog it's servers with spam instead
> of posts on the topic(s) relevant to the list.

to post, particularly anonymous remailers.

As far as "destroy[ing] the usability of a list and clog[ging] its
servers with [off-topic or irrelevant posts]", that's orthogonal to
whether or not subscribers can post though it does raise the bar ever so
slightly. I'm still trying to figure out why generic posts about
politics, particularly those that highlight race, religion/national
origin, or beliefs of certain people more so than the actual issue, have
to do with the nominal topic of what I'd expect a cypherpunks list to be.

http://www.rantroulette.com
http://www.skqrecordquest.com