This is the Opportunity-cost of NOT implementing my AP idea

Greg Newby gbnewby at pglaf.org
Mon Jan 13 08:56:39 PST 2020

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 04:50:51PM -0300, Punk-Stasi 2.0 wrote:

> 	it seems that once in a while the confirmation messages are not set, or get lost. Big deal. You can check the archive to see if the server received your message, and if it did, you can assume the server sent it to all of us.
>
> 	ARCHIVE             https://lists.cpunks.org/pipermail/cypherpunks/

Yes, exactly. Check your spam filters etc. in case messages to you are eaten by your own mail system. Mail deliver to & from the PGLAF server that hosts lists.cpunks.org seems to be robust (i.e., I get notifications about various bounces etc., and there are surprisingly few problems).

Note especially that GMail and probably a few other web-based interfaces *refuse* to show you a copy of your own posting, even if it arrives in your inbox.

At https://lists.cpunks.org you can use your personal subscriber password (or ask for it to be set/sent), to turn on an automated acknowledgment for every message you send. There are a few other settings you can tweak there, too.

But the bottom line is: check the archive, above (no login/password required), to confirm whether your message was posted to the list.

There used to be a few situations where messages were silently rejected (such as when having too many cc: or to: recipients). I think we have now set things so that anything that is received, but not posted, will generate some sort of message back to the posting address. In other words, rejection or moderation or other failures to post SHOULD result in an email back to you explaining what happened.
  - Greg