Soleimani, another perspective -- was Re: Oddly silent

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Wed Jan 8 04:18:46 PST 2020

Even more insight, this time from Ramin Mazaheri via the Saker:

  Anti-terror hero Soleimani a ‘terrorist’? US ‘false-life syndrome’
  normal since 2003
  http://thesaker.is/anti-terror-hero-soleimani-a-terrorist-us-false-life-syndrome-normal-since-2003/

    However, if Vietnam resulted in the average American’s open and
    persistent refusal to believe their government – which was an
    important historical first for the US – the Iraq War will prove
    to have been when the average American retained this same correct
    skepticism but became unable to publicly admit their disbelief.

    The Iraq War ushered in a new culture of lying for America, where
    Americans knew they were peddling total falsehoods, and knew that
    their listeners knew their claims were falsehoods, but there was
    a collective agreement to keep spreading these falsehoods anyway.

    This is how we get to the point where somebody like Soleimani –
    who had bravely and unequivocally been an anti-terrorist hero –
    is publicly accused of being a “terrorist” by American
    leadership.

    Because Washington’s goals are so imperialist, so rabidly
    capitalist and so fueled by feudal realpolitik, instead of
    acknowledging how Soleimani’s leading of the fight against ISIL
    saved many innocent European and American lives (and even the
    lives of the mercenary “contractors” from these nations), US
    Vice-President Mike Pence now absurdly says Soleimani was a part
    of 9/11. Trump says he is justified to plan bombings of “cultural
    sites”, even though everyone knows he means mosques. Secretary of
    State Pompeo says the mob hit was “protecting American
    interests”, even though the only Americans truly pleased are also
    Israeli Zionists.

    In the Vietnam era Americans said en masse that they don’t
    believe nonsense like this, but the Iraq War has changed American
    democracy – now many Americans feel compelled to say they believe
    it… but they actually don’t.

    To believe that Americans truly believe the endless lies of their
    post-2003 governments is to assume that Americans are either
    deluded or mentally disabled, and neither are true: Americans
    know they are poorly governed but now feel powerless to resist
    the injustice of their own leaders.

    Therefore, just as they were marched to war in 2003 even though
    it was clearly based on the lie of WMDs, the Pentagon and US Deep
    State are hoping they can start a war with Iran based on more
    preposterous lies, such as the murder of anti-terror hero
    Soleimani being justified because he was a “terrorist”.

    Trump himself is certainly not crazy but he is undoubtedly a
    liar. Pompeo himself openly revealed the sad degeneration of
    American dishonesty: “… when I was a cadet – what’s the cadet
    motto at West Point? (West Point is the number one military prep
    school in the US) ‘You will not lie, cheat or steal or tolerate
    those who do.’ I was the CIA director – we lied, we cheated, we
    stole. That’s – it was like – we had entire training courses.”

    Bush I was a former CIA director, so it’s not as if Pompeo really
    represents a new development in US neo-fascism (it is “neo”
    because open US Apartheid is over), but my point here is that
    prior to Vietnam such things were never openly admitted anywhere
    in the US; during Vietnam the truth of the anti-democratic nature
    of the US was hotly debated; during the Iraq War the US
    government’s foundation of criminality is openly admitted at the
    very top… and no one cares.

    In an era when every American is tracked – from credit scores, to
    the location of their cell phone, to what they wrote on the
    internet 15 years ago – and people can be droned at will, the
    average American has no choice to but to pretend that they are
    going along with it all. It is not all Trump and Pompeo – the
    executive powers, which reduce the American system to investing a
    dictator’s powers in the presidency, were installed by Bush II
    and increased by Barack “Dronebama” Obama.

    The system has spread to their neo-imperial allies, as proven by
    France’s 2-year state of emergency, the “French Patriot Act”, and
    current President Emmanuel “Rubber Bullet President” Macron, who
    forces through sweeping American-style economic changes via
    executive order. “False life syndrome” is thus a Western
    phenomenon, and not only that of their American leader.

    The epidemic expansion of “false life syndrome” which began in
    2003 is also behind the pathetic, woefully unfair reason
    Soleimani is now dead:

    The Democratic Party elite refused to admit the real reasons for
    their democratic unpopularity, so they concocted a diversionary
    Russophobia campaign as well as a campaign to impeach Trump
    (i.e., to undemocratically reverse the election). In 2020, to
    distract from this month’s expected impeachment vote Trump killed
    Soleimani. It’s more “false life” syndrome, because everyone
    knows the impeachment is the emptiest of politics as Trump is
    certain to be acquitted. “Think of the contrast,” top House
    Republican Kevin McCarthy wrote on Twitter. “While Democrats are
    trying to remove President Trump from office, the President is
    focused on removing terrorists from the face of the earth.” In an
    election year Trump needed another WMD-like falsity to
    perpetuate, knowing full well that it would be publicly promoted
    by many, and he so he murdered Soleimani.

    What a crying injustice that an anti-terror hero died in large
    part because of immoral, domestically despised, primary
    school-level US domestic politics!

    Soleimani was killed to preserve US capitalism-imperialist
    domination of the Muslim World above all, but the dishonest,
    unreflective political farce which has reigned since 2003 in
    America is the leading secondary factor.

    Everybody in the world knows this modern truth: Washington
    defines a terrorist as “someone who disagrees with Washington and
    Wall Street”. Be you Iranian, Iraqi, a journalist like Julian
    Assange or an average American – oppose US neo-imperialism and
    neoliberalism and you will be treated as a terrorist.

    I am certain that the average American realizes this obvious
    subtext to these slanderous, absurdly false claims against
    anti-terror hero Soleimani, but it is 2020 and not 1970 – it
    seems you can’t expect the truth from a huge number of Americans
    anymore?

    Maybe we can after the US finally leaves Iraq?