Clue to So-Called Missing Jim Bell-AP Messages

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Mon Jan 6 20:53:25 PST 2020

On Tue, Jan 07, 2020 at 01:11:46AM -0300, Punk-Stasi 2.0 wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Jan 2020 19:28:25 -0800
> Razer <g2s at riseup.net> wrote:
>
> > You'll notice whose prominently missing from this convo.
> >
> > Jim Bell.
> >
> > Know why?
> >
> > He didn't really want an answer.
> >
> > He wants a reason to be paranoid.
>

> 	"I left on my system the e-mail he copied the list on." means, I think, that TM didn't delete posts from the/his list archive.
>
> 	All in all, the clue doesn't give any clue as far as I can see, and JY's subject "so called missing messages" is clearly retarded since the messages ARE missing, for whatever reason.
>
> 	or perhaps the clue is that people partially deleted their archives to avoid helping the govt prosecute Jim. But actually deleting posts doesn't make too much sense. One could simply give an edited copy to the govt while keeping the complete archive secret....and publish it later.

Because the gov.t would surely never entrap folks they suspect of
hiding something gov wants, e.g. by issuing a subpoena and later
seizing computer equipment and backups?

But more logically, a rational gov that actually wanted the data
would obtain a seizure warrant and seize the equipment without
forenotice, and thus pre-emptive (and at that moment in time, lawful)
deletion of records, would therefore have been the most logical
course.