Wccftech: Intel Releases the Horse Ridge Chip for Quantum Computing!

Punk-Stasi 2.0 punks at tfwno.gf
Sat Jan 4 14:31:44 PST 2020

On Sat, 4 Jan 2020 21:52:58 +0000 (UTC)
jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Jim Bell's comments inline.
>     On Saturday, January 4, 2020, 01:15:00 PM PST, Punk-Stasi 2.0 <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:
>
>  On Sat, 4 Jan 2020 20:49:58 +0000 (UTC)
> jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> >>   This looks to be a somewhat more detailed statement of this product: https://newsroom.intel.com/news/intel-introduces-horse-ridge-enable-commercially-viable-quantum-computers
>
> >    yeah, that source is a bit better...
>
> >    So, a few datapoints
>
> >    1) the chip is an 'ordinary' chip used to interface to qbits. It's not a 'quantum chip' itself.
>
> Apparently so.  I think it controls the environment for the q-bits in the cold, but is capable of existing and working in that cold, too.

	no, it works at 4k, while the qbits are allgedly at 0.1K or something like that. Just a sidenote though.

>  >   2) the project is a textbook fascist project done by 'cooperation' between criminals at intel and criminals at the dutch government "TU Delft and TNO (Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research)"

> Whether the "criminals" part is relevant is a matter of debate.

	relevant to what? It's obviously relevant to basic morality. It's also relevant to practical political outcomes. This is something being developed by governments and highly fascistic corporations. It's obviously not good for personal rights.

>  >   3) here's an interesting bit >    "...scale the quantum system to the hundreds or thousands of qubits required to demonstrate quantum practicality, not to mention the millions of qubits required for a commercially viable quantum solution"     oh so an actually working system requires millions of qbits, but the current systems have at best 50? Well hopefully they will never manage to get more than 50.

> At one time, getting 100 transistors to interact on a single chip was considered phenomenal.

	except that transistors, unlike qbits, always worked in practical terms.

> I first got interested in electronics about 1970's, when I was 12 years old.  My father had once had a hobby of building (tube-type) audio amplifiers in the 1950's, but he was interrupted by wife and two children.  He wanted to get back into the area, especially when he had heard about "integrated circuits" (ICs), a new and remarkable invention that had HUNDREDS ("Hundreds, I tell ya!!!") of transistors in a small plastic package at least 10 times smaller in volume than most vacuum tubes.  This was truly remarkable.

	sort of remarkable, if you're a technocrat.

> >https://newsroom.intel.com/editorials/what-it-will-take-make-quantum-computers-practical/
>
> >    "applications such as drug development, logistics optimization...natural disaster prediction and many more."
>
>  >  'natural disaster prediction' sounds like complete bullshit. As to the other two, who gives a fuck. Of course the scumbag at intel isn't commenting on any military application included in the 'many more' category...
>

>   >  bottom line : QC is either useless or harmful, and hopefully will never work.

> Said as if you think you can stop it, or that anyone can stop it.

	you on the other hand seem to believe it's inevitable? What's your blind faith based on exactly?

	also, are you admiting that it's harmful, while thinking it's inevitable too? Maybe you should elaborate on the outcomes of harmful 'inevitable' 'technology'...

> Isn't going to happen.  Could a smartphone (a 2008 invention)  have been predicted in 1968?  Let alone 1958?

	'smartphone' is just a retarded marketing term. As to 'handheld' computers with radio, I'd bet some technocrat 'predicted' them in 1958. Not that I particulary care anyway...

	but wait, didn't huxley and orwell accurately predict technototalitarianism? and what about the predictions in here

	https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Machine_Stops/Chapter_I

>	smartphone (a 2008 invention)

	side note : that date is of course typical 'intelectual property' nonsense.

	https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smartphone#History

> Even Star Fleet Captain James T. Kirk only was issued a flip-phone.

	are you aware of the completely fascist/militaristic/statist/anti-libertarian nature of that piece of US propaganda?