Clue to So-Called Missing Jim Bell-AP Messages

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Sat Jan 4 14:03:39 PST 2020

Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 14:59:33 -0800
To: John Young <jya at pipeline.com>, cypherpunks at cyberpass.net
From: Tim May <tcmay at got.net>
Subject: Re: Bell Case Subpoena

At 5:09 PM -0500 1/8/01, John Young wrote:
 >Today at 4:30 PM two Treasury agents, Tom Jack and Matthew
 >Mc Whirr, served me a Subpoena to Testify Before Grand Jury,
 >in US District Court of Western Washington, Seattle, WA, on
 >January 25, 2001, 9:00 AM. Robb London, AUSA, is the
 >applicant.
 >
 >The subpoena states in bold caps "We request that you do not
 >disclose the existence of this subpoena, because such a
 >disclosure may make it more difficult to conduct the investigation."
 >   Please provide any and all documents, papers, letters, computer
 >   disks, photographs, notes, objects, information, or other items
 >   in your possession or under your control, including electronically
 >   stored or computer records, which:
 >
 >     1. Name, mention, describe, discuss, involve or relate to James
 >     Dalton Bell, a/k/a Jim Bell, or

By the way, John, thanks for the "heads up." I purged my archives of
Jim Bell e-mail sent directly to me, though I left on my system the
e-mail he copied the list on.

(Yes, I purged the back-ups, too. A good reason not to back up e-mail
to CD-Rs.)

--Tim May
--
Timothy C. May         tcmay at got.net        Corralitos, California
Personal: b.1951/UCSB/Intel '74-'86/retired/investor/motorcycles/guns