Emma survives The Hazing - academia - [PEACE]

Zigger the N.gger ziggerjoe at yandex.com
Thu Jan 2 15:10:21 PST 2020

On Thu, Jan 02, 2020 at 01:48:42PM +1100, Zigger wrote:
> I'm not sure what a degree in political science is, but it sounds
> better (in this day of inspiring public political debate) than a
> degree in liberal arts.
>
> Emma even posts a cheery picture of herself on graduation day, and
> clearly articulates a few non-snowflakey facts.
>
>   I've Had Professors Who Educate, And Ones Who Indoctrinate. Here's
>   What I Learned From Both...
>   https://www.zerohedge.com/political/ive-had-professors-who-educate-and-ones-who-indoctrinate-heres-what-i-learned-both
>   https://www.thecollegefix.com/ive-had-professors-who-educate-and-ones-who-indoctrinate-heres-what-i-learned-from-both-types/

>     The professors who tried to silence me taught me the importance
>     of standing up for myself and for those who are voiceless in the
>     face of unreason and unkindness. The professors who challenged my
>     beliefs and encouraged me to work on articulating them in order
>     to build a stronger argument gave me the tools I need to succeed
>     in the decades to come.
>
>     Like me, conservative students who have fought bias throughout
>     their education can step into the real world having already faced
>     adversity by surviving a campus where about 80 percent of your
>     peers and nearly 100 percent of your professors disagree with
>     your political views.
>
>     While it is disappointing and disheartening that the once-great
>     university system in America is so blatantly biased, and
>     discourages differing viewpoints of students, there is hope in
>     the strong level-headed and determined conservative students who
>     are being shaped by this academic hazing into the future
>     conservative leaders of America.

Effectively a followup, UCLA professor admits conservative students
are "harassed, stalked, and threatened."

>From the refreshingly honest law prof. dept. of well linked, fact
backed discourse ftfw :)

Enjoy,

  UCLA Professor Comes Clean On The Diversity Delusion: "Conservative
  Students Are Harassed, Stalked, & Threatened"
  https://www.zerohedge.com/political/ucla-professor-comes-clean-diversity-delusion-conservative-students-are-harassed-stalked
  https://www.professorbainbridge.com/professorbainbridgecom/2019/12/i-submit-herewith-my-diversity-equity-and-inclusion-statement-for-my-merit-raise-at-uclaw.html

    “As regular readers know, I’m up for a merit raise at UCLAW
    this year and am now required to submit a statement of how I
    contribute to the University’s goals in Diversity, Equity,
    and Inclusion. I have just emailed the statement to the
    administration."

    Although I am aware and respectful of the many dimensions within
    which a university properly seeks a diverse faculty and student
    body, I have long been particularly concerned with the lack of
    intellectual diversity at the law school. A survey of U.S. law
    professors in general found that white Democratic professors
    (both male and female), Jewish professors, and nonreligious
    professors “account for most (or all) of the overrepresentation
    among racial, gender, religious, and ideological groups in law
    teaching.”[1]

    The groups that “account for most of the underrepresentation
    among racial, gender, religious, and ideological groups in law
    teaching” are Republicans (both male and female), Protestants,
    and Catholics.[2]

    This disparity persists even though “religious and political
    diversity are probably more important for viewpoint diversity
    than gender diversity and roughly as important as racial
    diversity.”[3]

    At UCLA, we know that the campus as a whole leans substantially
    to the left. “A study of various university faculties showed that
    at Cornell the ratio of liberal to conservative faculty members
    was 166 to 6, at Stanford it was 151 to 17, at UCLA it was 141 to
    9, and at the University of Colorado it was 116 to 5.”[4]

    Conservative students at UCLA have been “harassed, stalked, and
    threatened.”[5]

    I'll let you know if I get the raise.

    [1] James Lindgren, Measuring Diversity: Law Faculties in 1997
    and 2013, 39 Harv. J.L. & Pub. Policy 89, 93 (2016).

    [2] Id.

    [3] Id. at 99.

    [4] Patrick M. Garry, The Next Step in Diversity: Extending the
    Logic Grutter v. Bollinger to Faculty Tenure, 82 Denv. U. L. Rev.
    1, 24 (2004).

    [5] Joe Dryden, Protecting Diverse Thought in the Free
    Marketplace of Ideas: Conservatism and Free Speech in Higher
    Education, 23 Tex. Rev. L. & Pol. 229, 260 (2018) (citing a
    January 18, 2017, Daily Bruin article).

    [6] “Political Contributions by UCLA School of Law Faculty and
    Staff Go 92.67% to Democrats/Liberal Groups,”
    ProfessorBainbridge.com. Accessed December 23,
    2019.https://www.professorbainbridge.com/professorbainbridgecom/2019/12/political-contributions-by-ucla-school-of-law-faculty-and-staff-go-9267-to-democratsliberal-groups.html.