Coronavirus Data Pimps

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Mon Feb 10 16:20:38 PST 2020

On Sun, Feb 09, 2020 at 03:11:45PM +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 05, 2020 at 08:06:57PM -0500, grarpamp wrote:
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GenBank
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GISAID
>

> Coronavirus confirmed deaths has grown at a moderate 2.1% per day -
> exactly 2.1%, every single day, as in, as close to 2.1% as the
> numbers allow. Precisely every single day :D
>
> This is one of the more compliant viruses the world has seen, 'at's
> fer surely (oh well, it touched 2.0% for 3 days to be precise):
>
>   Massaged Numbers?
>   https://www.zerohedge.com/health/coronavirus-super-spreader-infects-57-hospital-china-continues-refuse-cdc-help

>     #coronavirus is master of math!
>     1/30: 170/7821 = 2,1%,
>     1/31: 213/9800 = 2,1%,
>     2/01: 259/11880 = 2,1%,
>     2/02: 304/14401 = 2,1%,
>     2/03: 361/17238 = 2,1%,
>     2/04: 429/20471 = 2,1%,
>     2/05: 493/24441 = 2,1%
>     2/06: 564/28605 = 2,1%
>     Right now: 724/34677 AGAIN = 2,1%... pic.twitter.com/YczIRSig0L
>       — 22 (@Charlie_Box) February 8, 2020

>       The streets in Shanghai, population 24 million, are empty.
>
>       60 million people are quarantined not even able to leave their
>       houses. That is equivalent to no one in California, Illinois,
>       and Wisconsin being locked in, unable to go to work. The
>       economic hit will be enormous.
>
>     I just cannot believe this would happen over the reported 700
>     dead.
>
>     In case you missed it, please see 50,000 New Coronavirus
>     Infections Per Day in China.
>     https://moneymaven.io/mishtalk/economics/50-000-new-coronavirus-infections-per-day-in-china-xXGk0yLLHk-vflt-E0fD-w

Sure enough, perfect quadratic increases in "hold my Corona" virus death counts, continue day by day:

  Body Count Bull$hit
  https://www.zerohedge.com/political/body-count-bullhit
  https://www.epsilontheory.com/body-count/

Which is mildly humorous as "All epidemics take the form of an exponential function, not a quadratic function."