U.S. deploys 'more survivable' submarine-launched low-yield nuclear weapon | Article [AMP] | Reuters

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Thu Feb 6 15:24:24 PST 2020

On Thu, Feb 06, 2020 at 05:13:02AM +0000, jim bell wrote:
> https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-nuclear-pentagon-idUSKBN1ZY2EQ
> Jim Bell's comment:.  So, the Russians are complaining about low-yield nuclear missiles.  So, what should we do?  I know, call them and reassure them:. "Okay, we've replaced the micros with 1 megaton babies.   Feel better now, Ivan?".

Might sound humorous on the surface, but the major problem with this
is it opens the door to use of such "small capacity nuclear missiles"
which then drastically increases the likelihood of escalation in any
real war between Russia and America - which rapidly (in a matter of
hours), escalates to global nuclear war.

Some people (especially elites with their underground city bunkers
with ~100 years worth of supplies) think this is a good thing.

Putin has been very clear, and warning for years, that the path
America is on, is a steady re-escalation of the cold war arms race,
which is not a good thing by any measure, and he continues to hold
out and publicly seek for the detente which was achieved prior to the
collapse of the USSR - a time when frankly saner heads prevailed.