New Views of Quantum Jumps Challenge Core Tenets of Physics

professor rat pro2rat at yahoo.com.au
Thu Dec 31 14:03:04 PST 2020

If by ' quantum jumps ' they mean wave-function-collapse then that used to be taught as a metaphor in early 70's vintage Physics textbooks before being described as a real phenomenon a couple of decades later.
Another way of describing these things is ' quantum cryptanalysis ' since the universe may be described as a quantum-computer ( Seth Lloyd ) basic physics has become entangled with cutting edge cryptography.
Btw, Heinz Pagels has a description of the measurement problem in his 1980's book, " Cosmic code ". Charles K. Rhodes has begun using cryptological means to analyze our universe in a series of papers from 2003, 2010 and 2012. In 2015 I presumed to theorize the universe as a form of quantum PKI in my ( work in progress ) " Split-Key-Cosmology ".  So called dark matter / energy could even be related to 'lost keys '.
No doubt some ' quantum Turing " will be able to advance study in this new synthesis, but, until then, the search for a working Ansible provides an excellent cover-story as to why we might be peeking over our neighbors fences shortly. We can't just go barging around the galaxy without a good excuse. Intelligent aliens might take us all for depraved morons, like Branson, Bezos and Musk.