Pence and 6 Jan: FOG, RINOs, subterfuge, sabotage - GOP Legislators Sue Pence - RUN OUT THE CLOCK ON THIS ONE!!! -- USA 2020 Elections: Thread

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Tue Dec 29 14:52:51 PST 2020

On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 07:18:14PM +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 05:58:48PM +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> >    BREAKING: GOP Legislators Sue Vice President Mike Pence In Effort to Overturn 2020 Election
> >    https://trendingpolitics.com/breaking-gop-legislators-sue-vice-president-mike-pence-in-effort-to-overturn-22-election/
>

> The following could actually be a good thing. If it's the same case?:
>

>    Louie Gohmert Sues Mike Pence
>    https://welovetrump.com/2020/12/28/louie-gohmert-sues-mike-pence/
>
>       Wait, what?
>
>       Representative Louis Gohmert A Republican of Texas just filed a lawsuit against Vice President Mike Pence.
>
>       Don’t worry friends, it’s actually a good thing!
>
>       Gohmert’s lawsuit requests a federal judge in Texas to strike down the Electoral Count Act of 1887  as unconstitutional, and to grant Pence full authority to choose pro-Trump electors.
>
>       If passed by the Supreme Court, Trump will without a doubt remain in office.
>
>          ... Representative Louis Gohmert (R., Texas) filed a lawsuit against Vice President Mike Pence on Monday, in an attempt to grant Pence the authority to overturn the results of the general elections.
>
>          Congress will certify the election results on January 6, in a session presided over by the vice president. The Electoral Count Act of 1887 requires the vice president to affirm the winner of the elections, in a largely ceremonial capacity.
>
>          However, Gohmert’s suit requests a federal judge in Texas to strike down the 1887 law as unconstitutional, and to grant Pence authority to appoint pro-Trump electors. The move would effectively ensure that Trump returns to office.
>          https://news.yahoo.com/rep-gohmert-sues-pence-last-192151675.html
>

>          Congressman Louie Gohmert is a patriot who loves this country and a dear friend of mine.
>          God bless him for exploring every single opportunity to support our great President and election integrity.
>          We need more Members of Congress like Louie Gohmert! pic.twitter.com/R51c0DDVEJ
>          — Brigitte Gabriel (@ACTBrigitte) December 28, 2020
>
>       [also] https://www.newsmax.com/politics/mike-pence-lawsuit-louie-gohmert-electoral-college/2020/12/28/id/1003349/
>

> We shall see...
>
> If -this- case is NOT heard prior to 6 Jan, then Pence can exercise his rightful constitutional authority REGARDLESS of the 1887 Electoral Count Act, and the demon rats would have to bring a constitutional claim AGAINST Pence's rightful exercise of constitutional authority.
>
>    "Any law which is against the constitution is NO LAW AT ALL, it is a nullity, entitled to no obedience."

Historical precedent is indeed, absolutely, on Pence's side, and a court case may well bring only legal precedent AGAINST Pence! :

   Harvard Law Expert Calls on Mike Pence to Act As Thomas Jefferson Did in Upcoming January 6th Vote Count
   https://trendingpolitics.com/harvard-law-expert-calls-on-mike-pence-to-act-as-thomas-jefferson-did-in-upcoming-january-6th-vote-count/

      ... “Thomas Jefferson, author of the Declaration of Independence, among the most revered founding fathers of our country, only became President because he used his unilateral power as President of the Senate to open and count the presidential ballots in his own favor.”

      ... Nevertheless, Jefferson failed to pause before counting Georgia’s four electoral votes into the Republican column, declaring the final vote as if nothing were amiss. Had Georgia’s ballot been excluded, the vote count…would have admitted all five candidates into a runoff in the House… Without the decisive use of his power as President of the Senate, Jefferson might never have become President of the United States.