[nonrelevant] 2019 military hacking quip article online

coderman coderman at protonmail.com
Sun Dec 27 18:02:14 PST 2020

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Saturday, December 26, 2020 6:00 PM, Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not familiar with SF-86 or OPM.

SF-86 is the name of the form that US intelligence community members fill out during their vetting process for access to classified information.

china stole all of these documents from the US via a hack of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) who actually administers the background checks and clearance process for the intelligence community.

thus,
if someone published the SF-86 database, we could make sure no spooks are working under cover on open source projects (presumably in bad faith).

best regards,