How govcorp and its arpanet operate

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 06:36:34 PST 2020

On Sun, Dec 27, 2020 at 9:34 AM Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 27, 2020 at 9:32 AM Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > The quote sounds rough, but everybody knows that free speech is
> > temporary until the venue is forced to sell out.  Later discussions
> > then have a skewed view of what actually happened.
>
> We notice memes, messages, and marketing spreading that alter the
> dialogue.  New groups of people come in from other areas, where they
> have been extensively exposed to other messaging, or develop habits
> that interact poorly with the community.

The few people who speak rationally are disreupted in advance so that
nobody listens to them.  Soon, the community looks like a conflict.
People are still there having productive discussions, but they break
into groups that can't quite connect.  Eventually, after a long time,
everything turns into a garden grown like a product for market.