1984: Thread

Karl Semich 0xloem at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 03:38:09 PST 2020

On Sat, Dec 26, 2020, 7:16 PM grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:

> > We need to
>
> Not doing that has caused problems.
>
> People can own nothing and be happy,
> if that's what you want, and everyone else leaves your
> community alone. Hardly could it be done under the above
> linked governments that seek to own everything
> and dole out your happy. Nor hardly beside people
> that won't leave you alone. Enclaves of ownership
> and non-ownership could probably coexist and interoperate
> so long as they don't physically cross with arms over
> the river NAP between them. No one but entropy
> knows which form would survive longer. Look to biology,
> it's full of non forms lacking sentience, and this rock
> is full already. Good luck.

Sounds like we agree and it is very hard to talk about it.  We keep talking
about small things we disagree about instead.

Anyway, ownership and non-ownership are basically the same thing: people
NEED to be able to live by  personal agreements they make with their
neighbors and families.  We can't have huge organisations forcing clothes
off of or on to our backs.