How govcorp and its arpanet operate

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sat Dec 26 15:15:17 PST 2020

On Sat, Dec 26, 2020 at 01:31:02PM -0300, Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 wrote:

> Twiggly D <YourMysteryMare at horsefucker.org> wrote :
>
> > The reason 4chan is shit
> > is because the mods have taken over the site under the guise of gookmoot
> > to cause the site to behave like reddit everywhere. Retards like you who
> > never knew 4chan in the old days blame offboarders "leaking in" but in
> > reality what happened is mods clamped down hard on any kind of
> > wrongthink and destroyed the speakeasy spirit of the website. Lacking a
> > karmic system like reddit, they instead created its effects by
> > onboarding a hundred jannies and manually sweeping and banning any kind
> > of content they deemed inadmissable. At the same time, they allowed just
> > enough pretense towards these things in order to prevent people from
> > outright leaving while their deep state buddies worked on taking out
> > every alternative that got too big.
> >
> > 4chan has been dead the day moot was forced to sell a half billion
> > dollar site for a few shekels and was sucked into jewgle maps never to
> > be heard from again.

There's a very good point here,

TO all wanna be revolutionaries: that high paid, full time job you get offered, possibly even a million dollar buyout of whatever mini-pyramid you just built to facilitate your fellow revolutionaries or just ornary folks in general to communicate and explore ideas with one another,

   will suck your Soul dry.

It's the sellout, stupid.

You take those few silver shekels (in exchange for leaving your current path behind) and you proclaim to the world that you just then, both literally and figuratively, sold out.

Those who find themselves in this situation go through certain thought processes:

 - Oh, I'll just build a new revolutionary platform in my NEXT time spare time.

 - --I-- did it once, I can do it again.

 - It's not THAT bad - the site/platform/concept lives on still.

 - Someone ELSE will surely pick up the ball and take it to the next obvious/ better/ more revolutionary level.

 - --I-- made so much personal sacrifice, it's high time I got to relax/ indulge/ retire etc.

All of these and all the rest are nothing but shitty justifications for Selling Out Your Soul for a few silver shekels.

In -every- one of these situations, you failed the prisoner's dilemma: you still sold out those who supported you, those who believed in you, hoped with you, shed tears over Soul cookies with you, fought for a better world with you.

And to state the bleeding obvious, neither they, but most importantly -you-, will ever forget.

You and they may forgive, but you forever did the deed, sold out the faithful and even the merely hopeful.

For a nicer house, a fancier car…  yes Bud, you finally "kept up with the Jones's"  <sarcastic> clap ... clap ... clap </>

Afterwards, there is always at least a little shame that lives on in YOUR heart forever more ...