UN invitation for Cypherpunks

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 02:44:24 PST 2020

[extra]

On Sat, Dec 26, 2020 at 5:03 AM Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:
> I liked a decision making way called spokescouncil, which has many
> different variants.  Here's a link from google:
> https://www.seedsforchange.org.uk/spokescouncil .  These approaches

Reviewing with what I know now, it's pretty obvious the situation
would focus on the spokes and disrupt their communication channels.
You could counter that by providing an avenue for _anybody_ at _any
time_ to veto a past decision.  You'd want to provide the avenue at
places likely to be impacted by the decision.
This is in case people weren't included in a forthright manner, which
often happens when group members don't know each other well.

> are continuously evolving to handle the various issues they can
> encounter when used in more tense situations.  People familiar with
> such things, in different areas, will know more.  Since then I've
> discovered Convergent Facilitation:
> http://nvctraining.com/media/_2018/MK/convergent-facilitation/index.html
> .  Convergent Facilitation looks very effective but has an obvious

Here's the actual website: https://convergentfacilitation.org/ .
During Covid the training group I bumped into put out a free helpline
for facilitators to call in for advice with any issues they were
having in their meetings.

> issue where it puts only a handful of people in charge of directing
> the meeting.

The fact that it has this attribute is strange.  In Occupy we
repeatedly saw discussion facilitators suffer from problems and have
to leave.  I infer that in other situations that isn't as common.

Another big one that's been flying around is sociocracy.  Don't know
much about that myself, looks promising.

And of course the community and indigenous folk of the various areas
solved all these problems very long ago, with their own parts of the
communication issues.