UN invitation for Cypherpunks

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 02:03:11 PST 2020

On Sat, Dec 26, 2020 at 4:49 AM Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:

> We need communication channels that include all the people affected by
> decisions.  This is very easy to do, and we have studied how for
> decades.

In Occupy people had all kinds of political affiliations.  They
weren't just from the left or the right.  I learned about anarchism,
but Occupy was more about democracy than anarchism or politics.

I liked a decision making way called spokescouncil, which has many
different variants.  Here's a link from google:
https://www.seedsforchange.org.uk/spokescouncil .  These approaches
are continuously evolving to handle the various issues they can
encounter when used in more tense situations.  People familiar with
such things, in different areas, will know more.  Since then I've
discovered Convergent Facilitation:
http://nvctraining.com/media/_2018/MK/convergent-facilitation/index.html
.  Convergent Facilitation looks very effective but has an obvious
issue where it puts only a handful of people in charge of directing
the meeting.