UN invitation for Cypherpunks

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 01:46:08 PST 2020

During Occupy Wall Street,

On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 2:08 PM Debian Community News Team
<team at debian.community> wrote:
> Please come...
> https://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/Business/Forum/Pages/2020ForumBHR.aspx
> and please share

We didn't really share to the people we needed to, back then.  We
shared to the people we _could_.

Leaders were probably frustrated.  News channels would say we weren't
about anything, which was totally false.

It seems the basic issue was that there were very very wealthy people,
who had legitimised many complex things that were causing great harm
for a wide variety of communities, including forcing these communities
to never collaborate together.

In Occupy we finally collaborated for a few months.  We welcomed the
powerholders to collaborate too, but instead of joining us, they
seemed to send people to spy on us and use what they learned to
further harm such efforts.

Nowadays, there are a number of for example economic policies, that
not only aid these wealthy people in controlling the planet, but also
trend towards continuing the situation, even if they die, by replacing
them with other people who emerge with similar values.

People who used to participate in Occupy have been through a lot in
the aftermath, and have trouble reconnecting with their original
effort, and might be scared to do so.  But we also hold in our minds
how wonderful it was, and yearn to have these discussions again.
People who identify as activists, especially the jaded ones, have all
experienced these things.  There are thousands and thousands of us,
and we all have some different part of the visceral experience of the
global corruption and deafness.