FreeSpeech and Censorship: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 05:22:50 PST 2020

Facebook, Twitter Revert To Pre-Election News Feed Algos After Their
Preferred Candidate Wins Election

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/facebook-twitter-biden-campaign-donations-censorship
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/16/the-biden-teams-tug-of-war-over-facebook-436672
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/17/twitter-public-policy-director-decamps-for-biden-transition-team-417293
https://twitter.com/RubinReport/status/1339354663716409344
https://twitter.com/mikehahn_/status/1316716049946021888

Facebook and Twitter have reversed algorithms deployed during the
election to prioritize MSM reporting - which, if you recall, peddled
the 'Russian disinformation' angle on the Hunter Biden laptop story,
as opposed to reporting on its content. Also, unrelated we're sure,
Facebook and Twitter execs were giant Biden supporters, and many have
joined his transition team and will perhaps be rewarded with positions
in his administration.

Facebook's algorithm significantly boosted content from outlets such
as CNN, the New York Times and NPR, while de-ranking alt-media sites
such as Zero Hedge and others.

The election algo tweaks were part of a "temporary change we made to
help limit the spread of inaccurate claims about the election,"
according to Facebook spokesman Joe Osborne.

Facebook spokesman Joe Osborne told the NYT on Wednesday that the
platform is still prioritizing "authoritative and informative news" on
"important global topics like elections, Covid-19 and climate change."

Twitter, meanwhile, reversed some of its election-influencing measures
on Wednesday - announcing the end of a two-step 'retweet' processs on
the quote-tweet screen, after acknowledging that it had decreased
overall engagement rather than what they deem "misleading
information."

    This is incredible. Two weeks before the election Twitter changed
how you retweet because they obviously didn’t want certain things to
go viral. Now that they got the result they want, they’re going back
to the old way.

    Big tech is manipulating us in ways we can’t imagine.
pic.twitter.com/J7jH0ogqli
    — Dave Rubin (@RubinReport) December 16, 2020

Both Twitter and Facebook engaged in a cross-platform embargo of the
New York Post exposé detailing explosive evidence against Joe and
Hunter Biden - which we now know the FBI has been investigating since
at least 2018, and wasn't Russian disinformation. Twitter locked the
Post's account for 16 days to punish them for reporting the story.

What's more, Twitter actively removed Trump ads slinging mud at the
former Vice President less than three weeks from the election without
explaining how they violated the platform's rules.

    Twitter has suspended ⁦@TeamTrump⁩ for posting a video calling Joe
Biden a liar who has been ripping off our country for years, as it
relates to the ⁦@nypost⁩ article.

    19 days out from the election. pic.twitter.com/Z9FFzridyr
    — Mike Hahn (@mikehahn_) October 15, 2020

So - with their preferred candidate now set to take office in January,
Twitter and Facebook have turned the tap on what we suspect is a far
more profitable exchange of information.