Putin to the West: "Compared to you, yes, it is a fact, we are harmless and squeaky-clean" -- Tsar Bomba - "He's not the Messiah, he's just a very naughty Russian!"

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Thu Dec 17 14:18:05 PST 2020

This be one of those awesome moments in history, folks, where ya just
know the loonies are once agin gonna be triggered to high water and back
:D

Western "liberal" craving for that "evil" external 'other' never ceases
of course, and so too do the fishing expeditions never cease in vain
attempts to gain a smidgeon of confirmation bias on which to hang the
hat of the entire Western "liberal" edifice!

Once again I thank God for the plain talking, straight back at you
'shootin from the hip' Russian president, as he is one of very few on
the world stage today able to demonstrate in real time the madness of
the "liberal" Western regime:

   Putin: Navalny Wasn't Important Enough To Poison, Russia "Would've
   Finished The Job"
   https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/putin-navalny-wasnt-important-enough-be-poisoned-russia-wouldve-finished-job

      In rare new comments in response to widespread allegations from
      the West that Russian opposition figure Alexei Navalny was
      poisoned by Kremlin agents, President Vladimir Putin told
      reporters at a major annual news conference Thursday that he
      simply wasn't important enough to be a target.

      "It's a trick to attack the leaders (of Russia)," Putin said. "But
      that absolutely does not mean he needs to be poisoned," he noted.
      "Who needs him?"
      https://news.yahoo.com/putin-says-report-outing-navalnys-104025821.html

      And in perhaps the most provocative and mocking statement, Putin
      added, "If someone had wanted to poison him they would have
      finished him off."

      Throughout the comments Putin avoided mentioning Navalny directly
      by name, only calling him "the patient from the Berlin clinic."
      All of this comes after a new report by self-styled 'open source'
      UK-based investigator Bellingcat, which alleged the FSB ran the
      operation. In October the EU imposed sanctions on a half-dozen top
      Russian intelligence officials believed to be connected to
      Navalny's near-death.

      Navalny has in recent interviews described the ordeal as a
      political assassination attempt which came from the top - from
      Putin himself.  In August he was airlifted to a Berlin hospital
      after being poisoned, supposedly with a Soviet-produced nerve
      agent of the Novichok family.

      Putin on Thursday brushed that aside as ludicrous. This after
      multiple Russian media reports underscoring that much of the
      domestic population had never heard of Navalny before this saga,

[HA! Oh that's gold!! :D   Facts: you know you love 'em ;)]

      and certainly very few outside of Russia had.
      https://www.moonofalabama.org/2020/08/navalny-was-not-poisoned.html

      Further, Russian
      critics of German investigators and the allegations of US
      officials question why Russian intelligence would use an agent so
      "obviously" traceable to Russian military and intelligence.

      …Another interesting exchange with a BBC reporter during the
      annual press event where the Russian leader fields a variety of
      open-forum questions came as follows:

         The BBC representative asked a question about reasons for
         worsening relations between Russia and the West and
         wondered whether the Russian leader felt himself
         responsible for it, at least partially, or Russia is
         "harmless and squeaky-clean."

         "Now, about us being harmless and squeaky-clean.
         Compared to you, yes, it is a fact, we are harmless and
         squeaky-clean because we agreed to release from an
         unequivocal Soviet dictate those countries and nations
         that wanted to develop independently."
         https://tass.com/politics/1236499

      He concluded with noting that the West's foremost military
      alliance lied about post-Cold War promises made in the 1990's. "We
      heard your assurances that NATO won’t expand to the East but you
      didn’t keep your promises," Putin charged.

Welp, that's more than a charge, that's a simple fact muh wigs...