Can't Route to Most of Internet

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 16:10:45 PST 2020

Today, all of google's services went down this morning, for me.  I
visited their status page, and they were all down, with a noticed
about it.  About half an hour later, they were back up.

Right now, it's 19:08-0500, and I can suddenly only reach a handful of
servers.  All of google's servers work.  Most others don't.  I can't
reach github, I can't reach the tor directory servers, I can't reach
most mirrors to perform system updates, but I can reach a handful of
system update mirrors.

I'm getting "no route to host" for most ip addresses.

A decade ago I would have been excited to diagnose this in detail, but
nowadays with severe schizophrenia it is just making me way more
confused.