USA 2020 Elections: Thread

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Fri Dec 11 04:59:13 PST 2020

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 04:59:12AM -0300, Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 wrote:
> 	so wasted 1 minute to find this
> 	https://www.foxnews.com/politics/missouri-5-more-states-ask-to-join-texas-supreme-court-election-case-against-georgia-others
> 	"This is political posturing through litigation. Not one of those attorneys general believes they are entitled to win"

> 	I guess fauxnews is on the side of china and the democrats eh.

Indeed.

Feeling generous, let's unpack the strawman for ya, rather than leave you in suspense based on FakeNews propaganda ;)

> "Not one of those attorneys general believes they are entitled to win"

"entitlement to win" is the straw man.

Jo Blow hears "Not one attorney thinks they will win".

But the mind-firetruck is in the twist of word "entitled".

Who is "entitled to win"?  No one of course... "winning" is also colloquial!

What the media -should- be talking (if they wanted to inform rather than deceive) is things like:

 - legal due process

 - constitution, limits/bounds. what is evidence

 - SCOTUS precedents

"entitlement to win" is a total mind-f$#! -- a legal non-sequitur, rather meaningless, irrelevant, etc.

Enjoy the eggs you're going to suck - in a few weeks  :D