RFC: eventually resolving things

coderman coderman at protonmail.com
Wed Dec 9 14:26:34 PST 2020

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Wednesday, December 9, 2020 7:56 AM, Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:

> What do you think of the following?
>
> Basically, we can resolve all this, but we should make peace between
> the common people of different nations first. We can resolve
> everything because there are things that are more powerful than any
> hyperintelligent AI.

an obvious and present existential threat against all humanity would certainly foster collaboration (against the common enemy).

note that climate change, while surely bringing untold disaster to humanity, is not obvious nor directly present, therefor an insufficient catalyst for global action.

if there are aliens i'd ask them to feign attack on humanity, to bring it together. then, once we are united against their onslaught, they can tell us, "You learned; we're done here."

it hints at their superior intelligence that they stay the hell away from human drama, however.

alas, "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

best regards,