The next BIG thing?

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Fri Dec 4 00:15:11 PST 2020

Prediction: the next BIG thing is going to be ... email threading.

Bear with me for a second, I think this would really improve the user experience - imagine having an MUA which worked sort of like a forum, but each message is discrete, but connected, like a conversation - THAT's email threading.  I don't know that young Gen-Z professors will gel to it (they seem too ADD/ODD) but for many, this could be a reading-, and more importantly cross-referencing-, revolution in communications.

I'll hit up the Thunderbird boys and see if they can't prototype this for us.

I think it's a go-er.

In the meantime if you're bored or just tired of the pushback and carpet burn, I found we needed a sed script to corrct all past cp emails (see below), sortofa "carpet bomb" approach:

On Fri, Dec 04, 2020 at 01:43:11AM +0000, carpet rat wrote:
> Sure they'll read you your Miranda rights, Zendy.
> As Australia's " Lord Haw Haw " for Pooter.

s/asking for it/BEGGING for it/

I hear vaserine is good for dry knees... you might wanna try it.