Science will explain everything!!

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Thu Aug 27 19:37:54 PDT 2020

On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 06:25:09PM -0300, Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 wrote:
> 	http://www.naturalism.org/worldview-naturalism/tenets-of-naturalism
> 	"It may strongly seem as if there is a self sitting behind experience, witnessing it, and behind behavior, controlling it, but this impression is strongly disconfirmed by a scientific understanding of human behavior"
> 	YOU ARE NOT CONSCIOUS AND DO NOT EXIST!
>
> 	"behavior arises out of the interaction between individuals and their environment, not from a freely willing self"
> 	 You don't have free will either! Well, you don't exist, so duh. Sidenote : "behavior arises out of the interaction" - wait what? Behavior arises out of behavior yeah. And A is A.

"No free will" is fatalism.

Fatalism is appealing to nihilists, because it "justifies" the act of taking no responsibility, and "just doing everything that feels good".

This also appeals to those who have committed great crimes since "it wasn't my fault, I have no free will, so I am not responsible for my actions".

So naturalism is very appealing to sociopaths, and to those who want humans to not engage in their own lives.

An irony is when the naturalist turns around and blames all sorts of "others' or "them" or "they" - "I'm not responsible, but everyone _else_ is responsible for _my_ problems, so the government better do something".

> 	 Now, here comes the really really good part :
> 	"Nevertheless, we must still hold individuals responsible, in the sense of applying rewards and sanctions, so that their behavior stays more or less within the range of what we deem acceptable"

:D

Ohhh yeah!

> 	.....Yeah. I'm afraid I have to highlight the fact that the 'worldview' of technocratic fascists, aka 'scientists', is infinitely  idiotic and dishonest, not to mention criminal....and that their grasp of basic philosophical reasoning is non-existent.

Let's say "that particular worldview", lest we come crashing down in a pile of false absolutes ;)