[zen at freedbms.net: Spitting Image puppet comedy making "take no prisoners" comeback - [PEACE] [COMEDY]]

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Wed Aug 26 02:01:40 PDT 2020

Doh!! Found here:

   Fear of upsetting black celebs & censorship of BoJo’s puppet penis show Spitting Image will struggle to regain comedy relevance
   https://www.rt.com/op-ed/498985-spitting-image-itv-self-censorship/

----- Forwarded message from Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> -----

From: Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net>
To: CypherPunks <cypherpunks at lists.cpunks.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 18:20:03 +1000
Subject: Spitting Image puppet comedy making "take no prisoners" comeback - [PEACE]
	[COMEDY]

Now if this puppet comedy show really had been (as initially promised) allowed to "take no prisoners", that may have resulted in something worthy of the "comedy" label.

Alas, the ITV executives took a look at the initial trailer and ordered a reshoot.  "Why?" I hear you ask loudly?

   ... they took fright when it featured PM Boris Johnson wrestling naked, in a sauna, with Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin puppets.

   An ITV source said: “We told them to take no prisoners with the trailer. And they certainly didn’t. But some of the senior executives couldn’t handle the fact they were fighting with their willies.

   “They’ve given Boris and Trump tiny latex penises as well. They’re really small, but Putin’s is monstrous. Like a snake. It was eye-popping stuff.”

Hmmm.. snake no prisoners hey?  Too hot to handle evidently...

   BORIS'S JOHNSON BAN ITV bosses ban Spitting Image from flashing Boris’s tiny ‘Johnson’
   https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/12479482/itv-bosses-ban-boris-tiny-johnson/

      ... It’s hoped the new series will be as savage as the original, but already it’s been hit by claims of politically-correct meddling...

      ... ITV boss Kevin Lygo has held meetings with senior producers and executives to discuss how black characters, like the Duchess of Sussex, Beyonce and Kanye West should be portrayed and establish “what’s OK, what’s not OK”.

      Critics have said: “If Spitting Image is going to be politically correct, they might as well not bother.”

      It has led to accusations the new show will be “comedy by committee” and ruin the show’s uncompromising reputation. ...

Sad days when a puppet  exposes  certain leadership ... fragilities  shall we say.

If anyone can leak the original "uncut" scene, that willy certainly go down in history as epic ... the day Boris Johnson cried for his johnson.

----- End forwarded message -----