Tsar Bomba -- Russia "takes over" the UK - Bears can swim - (⌐■_■) - "He's not the Messiah, he's just a very naughty Russian!"

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Mon Aug 24 22:27:50 PDT 2020

Ho ho, those crazy Russians, hey :D

   Video: Russia’s Rosatom Releases New Footage of Tsar Bomba, World’s Most Powerful Nuclear Bomb
   https://sputniknews.com/russia/202008241080266347-video-russias-rosatom-releases-new-footage-of-tsar-bomba-worlds-most-powerful-nuclear-bomb/
      ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbC7BxXtOlo

      ... To give an idea of this bomb’s power, consider that the United States’ most powerful bomb, the Castle Bravo test in 1952, was at most 22 megatons, and the bomb that destroyed the Japanese city of Hiroshima in 1945 was just 16 kilotons - in other words, Tsar Bomba was about 1,325 times stronger. Its incredible power came from nuclear fusion, the same energy-producing reaction that powers the sun.

No more vodka for YOU-ski - at least not while testing these puppies  :D

Speaking of vodka and Russians, very positive signs in the direction of health and happiness:

   No more vodka for young Russians
   https://www.rbth.com/lifestyle/328905-no-vodka-young-russians
      [Totally non-skanky pic of 2 young lasses not attached.]
       Russians are gradually losing one of their most famous characteristics: They’ve stopped drinking! Vodka and the average Russian used to be the closest of friends, but in recent years they’ve gone different ways.
       "It has already been two weeks since the start of my grand reality show/social experiment: 30 days without alcohol,” says 28-year-old YouTuber Yuri Khovansky into his webcam. “Two weeks ago I stopped drinking.” Khovansky enjoys a certain scandalous popularity and has a reputation for being a heavy drinker with a glass of beer in his hand at all times. Nearly 3.5 million subscribers watched his experiment in going sober.
       "First of all, sh**t, guys, these haves been the two fullest weeks of my life!" Khovansky begins his story about going without alcohol. Back then he did not know that he would end up staying sober for 90 days—three times longer than he had initially planned.
       Statistics
       Judging by the existing research, these days Russia as a whole consumes almost 80 percent less alcohol than it did five to seven years ago.

   Alcohol consumption in Russia
   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_consumption_in_Russia
      According to a 2011 report by the World Health Organization, annual per capita consumption of alcohol in Russia was about 15.76 litres, the fourth-highest volume in Europe. It has dropped to less than 10 litres as of 2019.[1]

   Vodka no longer in top 50 items sold in Russian alcohol stores – time to retire tired & outdated Russian drinking stereotypes?
   18 Aug, 2020 19:38
   https://www.rt.com/russia/498339-vodka-popularity-russian-shops/
       In the first seven months of 2020, Russians were less likely to buy vodka, preferring to purchase other drinks - primarily beer - in alcohol stores, according to the analytical department of cashback company CheckScan.

       By studying 130,000 receipts from two of Russia’s most popular liquor chains, ‘Krasnoe & Beloe’ and ‘Bristol’, the analysts discovered that Russians have turned towards beer as their beverage of choice. From January to July, the golden brew took the top spot in alcoholic rankings every single month, with the old Soviet-era staple, vodka, failing to even make the top 50.

       We are now a long way from 1980s and 1990s stereotypes about drunken Russian guzzling down the traditional hard liquor. Today, Russians drink less alcohol than Germans and the emerge of a cafe and pub culture has changed social habits, especially with craft beer becoming increasingly fashionable.

       Perhaps unsurprisingly, medical masks became the most popular item bought for 2020, selling at a faster rate than all alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.