www.Tesmanian.com: SpaceX is getting closer to offering Starlink Internet

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 24 10:08:09 PDT 2020

 On Sunday, August 23, 2020, 01:54:13 PM PDT, jamesd at echeque.com <jamesd at echeque.com> wrote:

 On 2020-08-24 05:23, Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 wrote:
>     Satellites, solar panels, electric cars and similar garbage are old, subsidized products of govcorp. Musk is the 'marketing' guy.

Government is demonstrably incapable of creating technology.
[snip]

>When the US captured Wernher von Braun it tried to build rockets and
failed. It asked him how his rockets were built, it looked at his
rockets, and it still failed. When it put him in charge, then it
succeeded. And when he died, rocketry stopped advancing until Space X.

In about July 1975, I went with my grandfather on an airplane trip from Kansas City to see the Apollo/Soyuz mission begin.  It was sponsored by the Kansas City Philharmonic, and that trip was the first and only time I've travelled on a 747 airplane.
Turns out Werner Von Braun and Susan Ford (daughter of then-President Gerald Ford) were on that plane.
I can easily recall the trip:  The launch of the rocket was easily the loudest sound I'd ever heard in my life.