Cryptocurrency: The Breaking Point and Death of Keynes

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sat Aug 22 21:47:24 PDT 2020

On Sun, Aug 23, 2020 at 02:34:24PM +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> [...]
>
>       Joyce, an Australian journalist, claimed to have seen a scroll stolen from the Masada excavations. He wrote that it was one of fifteen scrolls discovered during the dig there. His book states that the stolen autobiographical scroll was signed Yeshua ben Ya’akob ben Gennesareth, who described himself as eighty years old and added that he was the last of the rightful kings of Israel. The name when translated into English became Jesus of Gennesareth, son of Jacob.[5] Joyce identifies the author as Jesus of Nazareth. Joyce's book further suggests that Jesus may have survived the crucifixion, was present during the Roman siege of Masada during the Jewish Revolt of 66-74 AD, and that he had married Mary Magdalene and fathered a child with her.
>
>       Joyce claimed that he attempted to visit Masada in 1964 during the archaeological excavation but was prevented by Yigael Yadin. Joyce further claimed that an anonymous and corrupt archaeologist, "Dr. Grosset", asked him to help smuggle the 'Jesus Scroll' out of Israel that had been discovered during that dig.[6] Joyce says in his book that the scroll was sneaked aboard an airplane by Dr. Grosset, who then most likely took it to Russia to strike a deal with Soviet leaders.[6]
>
>       Joyce proposed controversial theories concerning the historicity of Jesus that caused outrage among many Christians, and for which he received numerous death threats.[1]
>

> [Just the first chapter has the goods on this one, I hope to scan it in one day.]
>

> AND he was written about circa A.D. 161:
>
>    https://www.mesacc.edu/~thoqh49081/handouts/suetonius.html
>       Suetonius, another Roman historian, lived A.D. 75-160. It has been noted that Suetonius considered Christ (Chrestus) to be a Roman rebel active in the days of Claudius, who reigned A.D. 41-54
>
>    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacitus_on_Christ
>       The Roman historian and senator Tacitus referred to Christ, his execution by Pontius Pilate, and the existence of early Christians in Rome in his final work, Annals (written ca. AD 116), book 15, chapter 44.[1]
>

> Notwithstanding, your modern "historical reporting standards will never be properly met, and you get to choose the standard, so for me this is a loosing battle, thus "pointless".
>

> >   As to the political nature of the totalitarian jew-kristianty theocracy...well, that's politics, not faith.  So 'faith' (whatever you mean by it) never entered the picture.
>

> Faith did enter the picture, the very moment I began to speak in relation to faith  ("the Hebrews hung him on a cross to die").

Yes, you could choose to take a losing "historical" point of view, and further insist that "the literary historical" view is the only one you are willing to discuss, but dat right there be a little existentialist/ stubborn/ bone headed, and lazy.

Faith is a different dynamic, a different place of thought/ viewing/ beholding.  There just ain't no point now goin' and debatin all logical like, if you want any reality to your faith now...

... in case we missed that memo now y'all ;)