www.Tesmanian.com: SpaceX is getting closer to offering Starlink Internet

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Aug 22 20:38:16 PDT 2020

On 2020-08-23 13:16, Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Aug 2020 10:31:26 +1000
> jamesd at echeque.com wrote:
>
>> On 2020-08-23 03:35, Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 wrote:

>>> 	Why don't you explain how that will affect human freedom?
>>
>> The space internet will be controlled by Musk, while the ground internet
>> is controlled by the state authorities

> 	musk is just a figurehead and facade for NASA-NSA-jakobo-goldman-sachs and the-rest-of-govcorp.

None of which were able to get a man to the space station and back,
despite trying for many years.

True, Musk has no power.  And I have no power.  But if all goes
according to plan, he will have power.

If Musk builds a space internet, he will have built a space based
powerbase that is physically resistant to the control of existing
states.  If he settles Mars, the settlement will be physically resistant
to the control of existing states.

In time, there will be corporations on the internet that derive their
cohesion from a proof of stake blockchain, where instead of shares whose
property rights are enforced by the state, and instead of the
corporation being an entity that derives its one-ness, its corporate
nature, from the identity bestowed by the state, there will be stake in
the corporate blockchain, and oneness derived from the paxos algorithm
enforced by cryptographic protocols.

A proof of stake blockchain will be a sovereign corporation, and the
stake is shares in the corporation, while existing corporations are
creations of the sovereign.  I look forward to sovereign corporations in
space.

>> It will also pass through with a much shorter ping time, which makes
>> teleconferencing more viable, thus enabling people in flyover country to
>> teleconference, whereupon it becomes a lot easier for members of the
>> elite to exercise power while in locations isolated from physical
>> violence by other members of the elite.  Antifa and BLM is not going to
>> show up at your door, nor will the cops arrest you for suspected thought
>> crime, if you are located at your hobby farm in Oklahoma.  I expect
>> massive relocation of members of the the elite to Texas, Oklahoma, and
>> Kansas.

> 	you can live in a relatively remote and hard to access place and> have a ground radio link to the closest ISP.

Teleconferencing does not work very well, in large part because of the
long ping time.  And it works considerably worse for members of the
elite because the main question that they are interested in is whom to
believe, and what the other member of the elite is really up to.

Which is part of the reason why power tends to wind up concentrated in
the centers of certain cities - which cities are becoming more dangerous
as politics becomes more violent.