www.Tesmanian.com: SpaceX is getting closer to offering Starlink Internet

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Aug 22 17:31:26 PDT 2020

On 2020-08-23 03:35, Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Aug 2020 04:50:25 +0000 (UTC)
> jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> www.Tesmanian.com: SpaceX is getting closer to offering Starlink Internet.
>> https://www.tesmanian.com/blogs/tesmanian-blog/starlink-sats
>>

> 	Why don't you explain how that will affect human freedom?

The space internet will be controlled by Musk, while the ground internet
is controlled by the state authorities of each node through which it
runs.  Therefore, stuff will be able to pass through the space internet,
that cannot pass through the ground internet, and vice versa.

It will also pass through with a much shorter ping time, which makes
teleconferencing more viable, thus enabling people in flyover country to
teleconference, whereupon it becomes a lot easier for members of the
elite to exercise power while in locations isolated from physical
violence by other members of the elite.  Antifa and BLM is not going to
show up at your door, nor will the cops arrest you for suspected thought
crime, if you are located at your hobby farm in Oklahoma.  I expect
massive relocation of members of the the elite to Texas, Oklahoma, and
Kansas.

This, of course, depends on Musk getting his satellite to satellite
laser communications working, while at present they are not working.
Also launching ten thousand satellites is going to need Starship, which
at present keeps exploding on the launchpad, but Musk has a history of
usually managing to fix such problems.