Coronavirus: Thread

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 04:26:00 PDT 2020

Zenaan I'm sending this to you twice because the list has been dropping
some of my emails.

Thoughts to help me and any noticing me:

- I've been burdening Zenaan, who mostly keeps pulling through
respectfully.  I'm building desire to relate with Zenaan or Cecilia on what
the issue between them is.
- Zenaan seems to be expressing that they are wholly capable of speaking
both peacefully and aggressively.
- Zenaan appears to have suffered, regarding experiences from the political
correctness crowds, experiences that didn't provide value for Zenaan's own
needs and experiences, repeatedly and persistently.  This is common for
many white men, and they have a "secret" (not really secret) culture around
it I was exposed to in school growing up: "secret" because nobody from
outside it understands and honors anything they say around their
difference, which they likely find hurtful.  They appear to partly speak in
harm of people who are already harmed.
  (secret for my language only: This culture appears a response of children
caring a lot for others, and wanting connection with them, and then
perceiving that in order to care and connect with these people properly,
they discern they would have to do things that seem impossible to them,
which produces lifelong spreading frustration passed on to future
generations.  Roughly.  The SJ crowds I was exposed to had some feedback
from this, but mostly were just advising people to not feel guilty without
changing the forms of their expressions too much.  We'd need to get good at
explaining how honoring white men aids oppressed black trans women (which
it does via the path I just described), to fix that quickly.)
- Zenaan states the mailing list culture here normally has both "flaming"
and polite constructive discourse.

- Using computers a lot builds tension in people; most coders are familiar
with the sudden irritation when somebody argues on the internet or
interrupts you.  People who don't spend all their time solving puzzles on
computers like hackers do, do not have that same experience, and may be
less familiar with "flame wars".

- We are in a new situation now where flame wars and discourse are
different.

-

There is proof inside many peoples' electronics.  Proof that a marketing
group would contract development of a frightening virus.  A virus that
responds to peoples' keystrokes and browsing habits, and changes what
people see on their devices.  A virus that alters political behavior en
masse, for profit.