PCMag: SpaceX Eyes Satellite Internet Expansion Amid 'Extraordinary Demand'

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 16:19:52 PDT 2020

There's always a way.

Note: this angry community daydream is directed at satellites, which have
no living people on them to suffer.  Anger stems from an unmet need to be
safe.  The below information is already public knowledge.

I believe lasers can be made arbitrarily powerful.  I imagine you'd want to
focus them with reflective surfaces, like in a telescope, to prevent them
from melting a lens.  Math and a makerspace, possibly.

Seems like you'd need an incredible amount of electricity and it would
light the sky up like an alien abduction, no?