The threat of privacy

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Mon Aug 3 21:02:01 PDT 2020

On 08/03/2020 09:01 AM, John Young wrote:

<snip>

> Reminds that cryptography has led to the loss of privacy by tagging
> crypto users, coders, rebels!, promoters, investors. So too
> cryptocurrency, the Internet, anonymizers, TOR, drop boxes, secure
> drops, Signal, Telegram, burst transmissions, privacy policies,
> pro-encryption advocates, comsec wizards, the array of promissories one
> by one gobbling gullible adopters urged on by lists like this and social
> media, MSM. financial greeders, hackers, leak sites, turncoats needing
> pensions.

True. But then, it's crucial to hide the fact that you're hiding. That's
hard, I admit. Using public WiFi hotspots at distance with high-gain
antennas arguably provides the most privacy. But there aren't that many
open APs left. And high-gain antennas are nontrivial to hide.

I use nested VPN chains. So my ISP just sees that I'm using a VPN.
Everything else is buried deeper, using other VPNs and Tor.

> To be sure, "cash' the imaginaire of economists, is not the same as
> paper money which can also be tracked by human residue, transactional
> spoors, aggrieved victims, informers, world bank scholars under contract
> to finger malefactors, family members eager to payback those who fucked
> them, dear Mary tell what you know.

There are ways to clean paper money of DNA, RNA and proteins. Using
enzymes, and mildly acidic and alkaline liquids. Gold coins are also
good, because you can clean them aggressively with no fear of damage.
Unless you use aqua regia, anyway.

<snip>