TechRadar: Multiple zero-day vulnerabilities in Tor have been disclosed online

Travis Biehn tbiehn at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 08:46:04 PDT 2020

I've had several people question me on the integrity of Signal. This stems
from a post where Cisco Talos revealed it had 'hacked' signal by stealing
long term secrets out of the desktop client. Those poor regular folk are
going as far as using inferior tech.

The signature attack is unfortunate, at worst presenting a DoS condition.
Its too bad the Tor project won't answer his calls or accept his patches -
it seems at first glance he'd be a solid addition to the project.

I hope this conversation ultimately does more good than harm. The techradar
article is advertising VPNs and 'privacy browsers'. Hm.

Travis

Twitter <https://twitter.com/tbiehn> | LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/travisbiehn> | GitHub <http://github.com/tbiehn>