China discover "key" to Aussie impetuosity: threats and intimidation - Re: flu hyseria - Re: US: 35K dead

Zig the N.g ziggerjoe at yandex.com
Tue Apr 28 03:23:09 PDT 2020

On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 03:36:35PM +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> >  Chinese Government official slams Australia's push for an investigation into the coronavirus outbreak
> >  https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-26/coronavirus-china-slams-australia-over-independent-inquiry/12185988
> >
> >      China has criticised Australia's push for an independent international probe of the coronavirus pandemic, describing the move as "political manoeuvring".
>
> So "just from one Ministry to another," or should China get a free pass for their second such stuff up (and that's the most generous assumption we can make right now) in only a decade ('member SARS) ?
>
> Personal opinion: It may be part political maneuvering, but damn, do many of us want to know what the hell was going on in China under the guise of "scientific research" of human-targetting coronaviruses.

Ahh so!  China discover secret key put Aussie rebel in line: make intimidating economic threat:

    China Threatens Australia Over 'Dangerous' Investigation Into Coronavirus
    https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/china-threatens-australia-over-dangerous-investigation-coronavirus

        China has threatened Australia with an economic hit if it doesn't stop investigating the CCP's handling of the coronavirus, according to Sky News.
        https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6152226957001

        Chinese Ambassador Cheng Jingye told the outlet on Monday that while China's response may not have been "perfect," Australia's inquiry was "dangerous," and could lead to Chinese consumers avoiding Chinese exports and travel.

        .. "The Chinese public is frustrated, dismayed and disappointed with what Australia is doing now," said Cheng. "I think in the long term… if the mood is going from bad to worse, people would think ‘Why should we go to such a country that is not so friendly to China?’ The tourists may have second thoughts."

        "The parents of the students would also think whether this place which they found is not so friendly, even hostile, whether this is the best place to send their kids here," Cheng continued (via the Daily Wire). "It is up to the people to decide. Maybe the ordinary people will say ‘Why should we drink Australian wine? Eat Australian beef?'"
        https://www.dailywire.com/news/china-threatens-australia-if-it-pushes-for-investigation-over-coronavirus-report-says

        ..

China is considering no longer buying our beef and wine.  Glad we cleared -that- one up.

["and THAT's a wrap!" -- cheeky but very wry Aussie grin not attached]

You know Australians, not being tough cnuts and all, so lame, like, you know, they just back down from a challenge, give in at first sign of opposition or diplomatic spat - that sort of thing.

If China had not figured out how weak we are, we might have continued with asking for an independent investigation of the origins of this China flu and the many funding and other problems with the Wuhan Health Organisation.

So sad.

In other news, it looks at least -some- Aussie pollys 'ave found their balls - wonder of fucking wonders - better late than never!

    .. Australia's Foreign Minister Marise Payne hit back against the call [opposing] an independent inquiry, saying "Australia has made a principled call for an independent review of the COVID-19 outbreak, an unprecedented global crisis with severe health, economic and social impacts."

    "We reject any suggestion that economic coercion is an appropriate response to a call for such an assessment, when what we need is global co-operation."

Damn straight.

(Agreeing with a politician ... well I'll be.)