flu hyseria - Re: US: 35K dead

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sat Apr 25 22:36:35 PDT 2020

On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 02:10:14AM -0300, Punk-Stasi 2.0 wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Apr 2020 10:50:22 +1000
> Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:
>
> > This Wuhan flu is not quite just the flu, and could see upwards of a million Americans dead by the time its done the rounds of the USA population.
>
> 	more idiotic propaganda coming from you. How...unsurprising.

Perhaps it is idiotic.

But any suggestion this is political?  Damn straight ;)

Let's unpack a recent ABC.net.au piece, through the lense of moral responsibility and transparency:

>  Chinese Government official slams Australia's push for an investigation into the coronavirus outbreak
>  https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-26/coronavirus-china-slams-australia-over-independent-inquiry/12185988
>
>      China has criticised Australia's push for an independent international probe of the coronavirus pandemic, describing the move as "political manoeuvring".

So "just from one Ministry to another," or should China get a free pass for their second such stuff up (and that's the most generous assumption we can make right now) in only a decade ('member SARS) ?

Personal opinion: It may be part political maneuvering, but damn, do many of us want to know what the hell was going on in China under the guise of "scientific research" of human-targetting coronaviruses.

Seen the photo of the "black skinned" Chinese doctor from Wuhan (I think he died already)?  This particular virus appears to have some potentially severe haemoglobin issues for some people - scary stuff.

>      A Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman has told reporters the idea would "disrupt international cooperation in fighting the pandemic" and goes against the world's shared aspirations.
>
>      He has urged Australia's Federal Government to put aside "ideological bias and political games", and to focus on the welfare of the Australian people and global public health security.

So according to China, investigating the facts of this coronavirus is antithetical to helping solve this 'crisis'... this is classic Chinese "face" protection: either deny, or cover up, or hide, or ask others (e.g. the WHO) to do the "covering up" for them - anything but face the truth in fact.

Frankly, this Chinese Communist Party/CCP behaviour is expected, but not to be accepted.

>      Prime Minister Scott Morrison last week spoke with the leaders of the United States, Germany and France, seeking to build an international coalition to give the World Health Organisation (WHO) — or another body — powers equivalent to those of a weapons inspector to avoid another catastrophic pandemic.
>      https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-22/morrison-to-push-for-anti-pandemic-inspection-powers/12173806

If China accepts the WHO to do a multi lateral investigation (and not say a US/Aus investigation) then so be it - any investigation is better than none in this instance.  Other than this investigation though, the WHO ought be defunded and dismantled, being little more than a tool of oligarch's including Soros, Gates and the Chinese Communist Party!

>      "Currently, with the pandemic still spreading across the world, the most pressing task is to put people's life and health first and work together to defeat the virus," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Geng Shuang said.
>
>      "At such a critical juncture, it is highly irresponsible to resort to politically motivated suspicion and accusation.
>
>      "We advise the Australian side to put aside ideological bias and political games, focus on the welfare of the Australian people and global public health security, follow the international community's collective will for cooperation, and contribute to the global cooperation in fighting the virus, instead of doing things to the contrary."

The fundamental misnomer in the above CCP propaganda is the implication (barely) that any investigation can only be political in its intention.

We are well aware of the Chinese way - "thick face, black heart" - a whole book with this title is available.

Despite our many historical problems in the West, there exists a spirit of the pursuit of, and defiance in exposure of, the truth - witness the stand by Assange, and plenty of others throughout our history - these are folks we uphold for their stand for investigation of the truth (Giordano Bruno) and exposure of the truth (Assange).

    Evil lives in secrecy/ thrives in darkness.

Even if Australia is "a mouthpiece of the US" in its call for a COVID-19/ Wuhan lab investigation, then this is at least one occasion where it's easy to wholeheartedly endorse this.

>      https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-26/fallback-image/12090836
>      [graph of "certainly flattening" curves not attached]
>
>      Australia has been increasing the pressure on China for its handling of pandemic's outbreak.
>
>      The relationship with Australia's largest trading partner is becoming increasingly sensitive as senior government ministers speak out in favour of further research on the pandemic's origins.
>
>      Foreign Minister Marise Payne urged China to allow transparency in a study of the pandemic's spread, including China's handling of the outbreak.
>      https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-19/payne-calls-for-inquiry-china-handling-of-coronavirus-covid-19/12162968
>
>      China issued a rebuke of Australia last week, with the nation's embassy in Australia accusing Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton of being a mouthpiece for the United States.
>      https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-22/coronavirus-china-peter-dutton-covid-19-transparency/12171050
>
>      The embassy described calls by Australian politicians for greater scrutiny of China's handling of the coronavirus crisis as "pitiful".

China says calls for greater scrutiny of potential global virus apocalypse origins is "pitiful"?

Well, frankly, they can say that all they like... but it's irrelevant to what's important here.

>      David Littleproud used a meeting with global agriculture ministers to push for a study into wildlife wet markets.
>      https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-23/wet-market-health-risks-need-to-be-studied-minister-says/12174086
>
>      The Australian Government believes there is a "very real likelihood" that the coronavirus outbreak came from a wet market in the Chinese city of Wuhan.
>      https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-14/coronavirus-update-death-toll-trump-fauci-wet-markets/12145550

If China wants to minimize the intensity of their looming century of shame, they need to pick up the ball of responsibility and change their ways a little when it comes to things which have a high likelihood of effecting all of humanity.

The Chinese themselves bemoan the last ~100 years as a "century of humiliation" (at least impliedly at the hands of the West, notwithstanding it always takes two to tango), but the coming Chinese Century of Shame will be laid firmly at the feet of the CCP.

Thus, it is up to the Chinese "leaders" to lift their game, embrace a little transparency, and work with the world community on this, rather than to continue to hide behind their thick face masks and attempting to blame the rest of the world.

There is dignity in taking responsibility.

Dignity is the antidote to shame.

One day, China will realise this.