flu hysteria - Re: Coronavirus: Thread

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Wed Apr 22 00:27:23 PDT 2020

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 01:01:01AM -0300, Punk-Stasi 2.0 wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Apr 2020 10:53:23 +1000
> Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:
>
> > Yes, "Science, as in blind acceptance of the authority of other humans" is the New Religion.  Can't argue with that.
> >
> > And of course "science, as in the tool of mind which is used to gain greater/finer practical understanding of our present reality" is a tool "which is used by despots to further enslave us".
> >
> > Science is a tool.  Like hammers, calculators, and bicycles.  It's a tool of the human mind.  The products of science are often tools.
> >
> > Tools get used by despots to enslave.
>
> 	Are you suggesting that these 'tools' are somehow neutral?
>
> 	Do you think industrial societies are a 'tool' as well?

Humans gravitate to fulfulling their desires and wants, such as for necessities, and for luxuries.

We are not dealing with "a particular tool" or "a particular scientific discovery, such as radio waves" as the problem.

We are dealing with the nature of humans, and for one particularly relevant subclass of humans, sociopaths.

Sociopaths gravitate to, and act so as to amass, power, and use that power despotically.

A crossbow or longbow is a tool.

Every tool is a tool of power, in the "right" hands - the hammer is a tool of power for the skilled blacksmith.

> > Present tools as at $THIS_DAY are almost always sufficient for despots to enslave.
> >
> > Do you suggest any antidotes to our enslavement by despots?
>

> 	killing the despots should be a good one

If we cannot educate a sufficient majority, surely a new despot will simply replace the old?

Do you think killing a few despots today, will solve our problem with sociopaths?