flu hysteria - Re: Coronavirus: Thread

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Tue Apr 21 03:45:39 PDT 2020

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 01:56:48AM -0300, Punk-Stasi 2.0 wrote:
> 	the dystopia has been brought by 'science' - 'science' being the doctrine that causes fucktards to be hysterically afraid of the flu.
> 	'science' has also brought you global surveillance, by the way.
> 	Wait. It's not 'science' in scare quotes. These dystopian abortions are what Science is actually about.

Well, before the Western "enlightenment" of the age of reason and science, we had the "dark ages", where for example Giordano Bruno, a philospher and scientist before science "had permission from the Catholic Church" to put forth any data, observations or inductions based on such observed facts, was burnt at the stake.

We could say this was an age where reality denialists in the form of priests, who held surprisingly significant power over the life and death of its "flock" (of 'sheep'), were our rulers.

Today we have oligarchs and politicians who are "our rulers", but who also appear no less hell bent on "controlling the flock" the "our priests of olde" - just now continuing to use "science as generally presently known" (swords, crossbows, Earth is the center of the universe, etc) to maximum advantage of the incumbent evil and despotic power.

It is hard to say "we should go back to before science reigned supreme", even whilst it can be readily argued that science literally arose from certain impulses which arose from within Christian communities - that impulse to seek ultimate truth, wherever this may lead us (notwithstanding the obvious suppressive force of the Catholic church hierarchy).

And of course it is plain for all to see that modern science has certainly not "saved" us from tyrannical hiearchies - far from it, science has been "subjugated" to empower and further our present tyrannical hiearchy/ rulers.

But there's a slight deception in the previous sentence - science can never be "subjugated" per se, only humans can be subjugated, and certain actions or words of humans can be subjugated, under pain of fine, imprisonment, or a good ole burnin' at the stake.

Science, as in "true facts, and the right to make careful observations and to draw conclusions and to freely share such processes with others" always existed, whether "in the dark ages" or in our modern "age of science".

The any useful difference (say between then and now) is the greater awareness of sufficient numbers of "the flock" in certain "accepted realities, a.k.a. facts as best we know them today", as well as the differences in will to act in pursuance of our foundational rights, and to challenge the hierarchy of the day (and of course, to challenge the "known facts" of the day which might be getting in our way).

Now facts, such as the value of the universal constant pi, are usually handed down and simply accepted (rather than tested/measured) sometimes for literally thousands of years, and the challenge of or testing of such "widely known facts" is rare.

So as any anarchist worth their weight in salt must now ask, where does any real possibility of a sane future lie?

Good question, glad you asked - many are wondering the same dang thing...

Can sanity ever be somewhere outside the hearts of men?

Can sanity per se exist merely in cold written facts and "facts"?

As Marxos gladly points out to us, only those of notable positive vectors of {iq, creativity, discernment, ability, intention, will, persistence, and finally action} who unlock new points of our reality (such as designing and building from first principles most challenging things such as rockets and pencils) or who challenge the hierarchy of the day in a meaningful way which usefully shifts one or another bunch of humans (e.g. Ghandi, Rosa Parks, and that rebel from a few years back who threw the money changers out of the temple) thus bringing forward the majority either in material abundance or in some "new, more betterer" way of being such as "do unto others that which you would have them do unto you" to pick a random new era/ new testament principle, or "we can make our own salt" in the case of Ghandi (thus bypassing the British Empire's tax man and simultaneously asserting the inherent sovereign will of the individuals inhabiting the land called India.

We have little choice left but to be the change we want to see in the world.

Let's do so.