Secure Video Conferencing... BlueJeans, etc... Is that true?

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 02:11:16 PDT 2020

>>> https://bigbluebutton.org/
>>> https://videoconferencing.guide/
>>> https://cubicgarden.com/2020/04/17/illegal-zoom-bombing-is-out-of-control/

>> BlueJeans' website
>> https://www.bluejeans.com/
>> says so
>> "Empower Your Remote Workforce with Secure Video Conferencing"

Marketing propaganda, flower and weasel words,
learn to recognize the spin, avoid the lure.

>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlueJeans
>> does not say anything

It does in fact say something, everything, right on the tin...

"Verizon announced on April 16th, 2020, that it will be acquiring BlueJeans"

Did you now forget Verizon the biggest Government Spy and Apologist
next to AT&T literally giving away your and whole worlds call content,
and CDRs, and internet traffics to spy and "enforcement" and
liberation repression agencies.

"Headquarters: San Jose, California, U.S."

Did you read "Surveillance Valley by Yasha Levine", follow
the Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Reddit, Instagram, etc
coordinated censorship regime coming from all these
"headquarters" of corporates partner with Government
to do the deeds.

"cloud-based ... service"

Spy platforms... Google, Microsoft, Amazon.

"Periyannan was the CTO of Blue Coat Systems"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Coat_Systems#Use_by_repressive_regimes
"Ramakrishnan was an entrepreneur-in-residence at Accel Partners"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accel_Partners

Spies with Venture Capital... the dangerous combo.

"Over the 2012 holiday season, BlueJeans partnered with the
Military Association Benefits Group and Military Comm Networks
to provide free video conferencing for U.S. soldiers and their families."

Partners in order following copout, murder[ers], criminal States
against liberation.

BlueJeans... secure? HA joke on you.

But hey it comes with proprietary "Dolby Voice" so it must be good right?

Ever hear of free and other opensource audios library like...
https://xiph.org/vorbis/

Did you also forget how Bitcoin-BTC got acquired by Blockstream,
Lightning, FakeToshi-Nchain_Patent-Bitcoin_SV-BSV... yet you wonder
why all of them still have zero encryption privacy in their transactions
and protocols... no GovCorp influence surveillance there either right.

Distributed opensource software volunteer developed peer to peer
around the world does not need any such "acquirement"... in fact
it should resist and fork away from it at all costs.

Unless you are the one hiring them such that they are solely beholden
to you, closedsource and companies must always be viewed as extremely
suspect and sandboxed away from your liberations.
They are not so beholden, and their GovCorp dollars and powers
always corrupts. What does history say.

Some of these commercial packages cost more a month than
it would for you to run your own hub node on your own machine
and line.

Explore any of the opensource voice/video apps posted on the list
first instead, use over your own encrypted channels.

You want features, ease of use, open security audits, more HW/SW platforms,
interoperability, some security privacy minded hub node hosting
community, etc...
Then send all the licensing and subscription money that you would otherwise
have paid to those closed companies (including the cost of your loss of privacy
and freedom the datamining metadata surveillance censorship selling you out
advertising etc), to the opensource app dev teams, and build that, instead.

Pick among the opensource, send them a monthly stipend, use it,
you'll feel better contributing too.