Did Appelbaum Meet Snowden in Hawaii Before Leak?

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 18:19:32 PDT 2020

> Harcourt, B. E. (2017). Laura Poitras. Astro Noise: A Survival Guide for
> Living under Total Surveillance. New Haven, Conn.: Yale University Press,
> 2016. 256 pp. Critical Inquiry, 44(1), 188–195.doi:10.1086/694142
> url to share this paper:
> sci-hub.se/10.1086/694142

While Astro Noise apparently still not liberated... here's a few other tangent,
while you download the rest of the 256TB of all human knowledge...

http://booksdl.org/scimag/get.php?doi=10.1080/14680777.2019.1690022&downloadname=&key=7WA43DCK7PZ253P6
Drone feminism: technology, surveillance and entanglement in Laura
Poitras' Astro Noise
Olivia Khoo
School of Media, Film and Journalism, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
    ABSTRACT
         ARTICLE HISTORY
    This paper considers how women filmmakers are using installation
in         Received 4 April 2019
    gallery spaces to find alternative ways of telling feminist
stories.        Revised 8 October 2019
    Focusing on the exhibition "Astro Noise" by Laura Poitras, best
         Accepted 30 October 2019
    known for her documentaries on Edward Snowden and Julian
         KEYWORDS
    Assange, the paper considers how technology and surveillance
operate        Drones; feminism;
    in Poitras' exhibition to produce a form of "drone feminism" that
         surveillance; Laura Poitras;
    visualises spectatorial engagement and embodiment in the digital
         art installations
    age. Might a form of drone feminism applied to migrations from
    cinema to installation spaces enable us to consider spectatorial inter-
    activity as a kind of looping or entanglement within practices of
    feminist storytelling?
    Why the f*ck am I making long-form documentaries when other ways
of working are so much
    more energizing? I really want to do the installation project of
hanging screens in a warehouse.
    So that entering it is like a torture chamber.
    ­ Laura Poitras, diary entry dated February 26 2013. Published in
catalogue, Laura Poitras:
       Astro Noise after an exhibition of the same name by Poitras at
the Whitney Museum,
       New York.
This essay is a meditation on viewing contexts and exhibition spaces
in relation to the
production and exhibition of women's film and video making. In
particular, it focuses on
an exhibition by Laura Poitras, "Astro Noise," to examine how a
director previously work-
ing in feature filmmaking has turned to "the richly intermedial
potential of film, photo-
graphy, video and installation" (Jenny Chamarette 2013, 46), and to
investigate how
women filmmakers are using installation in gallery spaces to find
alternative ways of
telling feminist stories. There is a growing body of scholarship on
what Francesco Cassetti
(2012) calls "the relocation of cinema"--to mobile devices, laptops
and DVD players,

https://susankozel.com/pdf/KozelGibsonMartelli_TheBronzeKey_2018.pdf
The Bronze Key is located at the junction where Embodied Interaction
opens onto an interdisciplinary domain, taking in politics,
performance, data security and legal issues around media privacy [2],
[4], [6], [8]. The work is post-digital by playing across the ways
human physical interactions are digitally captured and

gibsonmartelli.com/portfolio/the-bronze-key/
The Bronze Key - Performing Encryption is the rematerialisation of
performance.Reflecting on the ephemeral nature of both performance and
digital data, The Bronze Key project takes movement material,
digitised from performers using motion capture technology. A thirty
second dance phrase is converted into a human readable file format and
then encrypted using a single second gesture of the ...

https://susankozel.com/pdf/KozelGibsonMartelli_MoCo_2018.pdf
http://forskning.mah.se/en/id/kssuko
The Bronze Key: Performing and Materializing a Cipher System Susan
Kozel Malmö University 205 06 Malmö, Sweden susan.kozel at mau.se Ruth
Gibson Gibson/Martelli & Coventry University Coventry, UK
ruth at gibsonmaretlli.com Bruno Martelli Gibson/Martelli London, UK
The Bronze Key is an art installation where data traces of bodily
movement captured in 3D by digital systems are re-materialized into
audio, bronze and print. The 3 objects of The Bronze Key represent the
performance of the first 3 steps of the basic symmetrical cipher
system: The Plaintext, The Key and The Ciphertext(or Cryptogram). Her
current book in process is called "Performing Encryption," in which a
phenomenology of affect is cultivated to enhance bodily agency in
contemporary surveillance cultures. “The Archival Body” lecture, New
Human Symposium. “Performing Encryption" Keynote Somatics Conf (UK).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6flkBN0AlY&list=PLjF3DI5gKgustfNVAoFJ9DpsYv0kC5kW9&index=1

Vulnerable data interactions - mau.se
https://muep.mau.se/bitstream/handle/2043/26878/TP2_Nicole_Carlsson.pdf
Abstract ˜is thesis project opens up an interaction design space in
the InfoSec domain concerning raising awareness of common
vulnerabilities and facilitating counter practices through seamful
design.

https://mau.se/en/research/research-programmes/data-society/
"There are advantages and huge potential but also possible harm and
great challenges with digitalisation and datafication: the program
researchers tackle the complex issues of our data society" --Maria
Engberg, Director