Solutions to pandemic virus "duty of care to one another" -- Re: Emperor Bill Gates: "mass public gatherings will not come back "at all" until we have mass vaccination" - [PEACE]

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sun Apr 19 22:48:02 PDT 2020

  Gates Foundation Calls for Global Solidarity to Vaccinate 7 Billion People from Coronavirus
  https://sputniknews.com/us/202004181079015470-gates-foundation-calls-for-global-solidarity-to-vaccinate-7-billion-people-from-coronavirus/

      As the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic spreads across the world, the search for the manufacturing of a vaccine has begun to take centre stage as a priority for the world's leading national, business, and scientific bodies.

      The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has called for global cooperation on Wednesday to help administer COVID-19 vaccines for up to 7 billion people and offered a further US$150 million in funding towards the manufacturing of therapeutics and treatments.

      A coronavirus vaccine could take up to 18 months to be fully ready and established as safe for humans, but global authorities and businesses must look towards distribution now, according to the foundation's chief executive Mark Suzman.

            "It's normal to have, at maximum, hundreds of millions of doses manufactured", he said.

            "When you are dealing with a novel pathogen like COVID-19, as and when we get to identifying a successful vaccine, we are going to need billions of doses."

            "There are 7 billion people on the planet", he said. "We are going to need to vaccinate nearly every one. There is no manufacturing capacity to do that", he explained.

      .. Suzman lauded the work of the World Health Organisation (WHO), which the Gates Foundation is the second-largest funder of behind the United States, describing the body as a "strong, reliable partner".