[MINISTRY] "This is a time to pull together, turn our minds off, and follow orders." - [PEACE]

Zig the N.g ziggerjoe at yandex.com
Fri Apr 17 05:22:34 PDT 2020

On Sat, Mar 21, 2020 at 07:35:34PM +1100, Zig the N.g wrote:
> Looks like SOMEone got the "front running sedition" memo :)
>
> Ok, ok, The Z.g humbly accepts total elevation beyond all proportion for even the slightest pop-psych obviousness :D :D  BTCes welcome muh fl.pper n.ppers :D
>
> This a nice little piece highlighting The Ministry's rules for acceptable discourse on present topics.
>
> Be warned, it has no trigger warning whatsoever, yet probably inherently demands one.  So without giving a trigger warning (hint hint, wink wink) per se (nudge nudge), one might consider one's internal emotional consequences from reading an arguably mildly humorous take on the present discourse of the Lame Stream Media.  Did I not mention the b.gger n.gger warning?
>

>    This Glorified Bug Absolutely Warrants Whatever “Emergency Measures” Our Regimes Want to Impose on Us. OBEY
>    https://www.anti-empire.com/this-glorified-bug-absolutely-warrants-whatever-emergency-measures-our-regimes-want-to-impose-on-us-obey/
>
>       Let’s try a little thought experiment. Just for fun. To pass the time while we’re indefinitely locked down inside our homes, compulsively checking the Covid-19 “active cases” and “total death” count, washing our hands every twenty minutes, and attempting not to touch our faces.
>
>       Before we do, though, I want to make it clear that I believe this Covid-19 thing is real, and is probably the deadliest threat to humanity in the history of deadly threats to humanity. According to the data I’ve been seeing, it’s only a matter of days, or hours, until nearly everyone on earth is infected and is either dying in agony and alone or suffering mild, common cold-like symptoms, or absolutely no symptoms whatsoever.
>
>       I feel that I need to state this clearly, before we do our thought experiment, because I don’t want anyone mistakenly thinking that I’m one of those probably Russian-backed Nazis who are going around saying, “it’s just the flu,” or who are spreading dangerous conspiracy theories about bio-weapons and martial law, or who are otherwise doubting or questioning the wisdom of locking down the entire world (and likely triggering a new Great Depression) on account of the discovery of some glorified bug.

So CBC thinks of the children and "totally, like, gets it like" in a single minded mission to relate to younger "media consumers" and "teaches" them how to shut down their parent's conspiracy theories - you just know this is going to work well ... or something:

  CBC Instructs Kids On How To Shut Down Their Parents' "Conspiracy Theories"
  https://www.zerohedge.com/political/cbc-instructs-kids-how-shut-down-their-parents-conspiracy-theories
  https://summit.news/2020/04/16/cbc-instructs-kids-on-how-to-shut-down-their-parents-conspiracy-theories/

    .. At one point in the piece, the reporter even suggests that conspiracy theories can be “just as dangerous as a virus.”

    .. The irony of all this of course is that virtually nobody trusts the mainstream media, so when they attack conspiracy theories it just makes more people believe them.

    When social media giants then get involved to censor information about the same conspiracy theories, that also bolsters the notion that they’re accurate because powerful interests are trying to stifle them.

    Take the news report below as an example.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G64shnTb0I

    A reporter who adopts a stereotypical fake ‘news reporter’ accent which normal people don’t use when they talk to each other tells the viewer that the conspiracy theory linking 5G to coronavirus is false.

    A doctor wearing a white lab coat inside what appears to be his own home (to stress faux authority) is then presented to call the conspiracy “completely false.”

    The doctor doesn’t even explain why it’s false (he could have pointed out for example that Iran was impacted by coronavirus yet has no 5G network at all), but the news station just expects the viewer to believe him because he’s an authority figure in uniform.

    In reality, as the comments below the video prove, the vast majority of people see the news report as desperate and hokey, making them believe the conspiracy theory to an even greater degree.

Perhaps CBC has embraced their inner child just a little too closely?