Soul cookies -- Re: Gratitude - We are now living (at least some of) our sabbaths/ weekends, past taken by Sunday trading

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Thu Apr 9 04:59:51 PDT 2020

Time to start imagining a beautiful world - our world as it once was and as it is temporarily re-appearing, literally stunning nature:

  Himalayas Visible For First Time In 30 Years As India Lockdown Sparks Stunning Drop In Pollution
  https://www.zerohedge.com/health/himalayas-visible-first-time-30-years-india-lockdown-sparks-stunning-drop-pollution
  https://themindunleashed.com/2020/04/himalayas-visible-for-first-time-in-30-years-as-india-lockdown-sees-stunning-drop-in-pollution.html
      For many residents, the sight is something which they have never witnessed in their entire lives...
      For the first time in 30 years, India’s snow-covered Dhauladhar mountain range has become visible to locals as a result of plunging pollution levels resulting from measures taken to check the spread of the novel coronavirus.
      For many residents, the sight of the Dhauladhar Range—which translates to “White Range” and forms part of the Himalayas—is something which they have never witnessed in their entire lives, reports SBS.
      https://www.sbs.com.au/language/english/audio/himalayas-visible-for-first-time-in-30-years-as-pollution-levels-in-india-drop
      Many have been eager to share their feelings about it on social media, including former Indian cricket player Harbhajan Singh, who wrote:
          “Never seen Dhauladar range from my home rooftop in Jalandhar. Never could imagine that’s possible. A clear indication of the impact the pollution has done by us to mother earth.”
          https://pic.twitter.com/laRzP8QsZ9  [and a bunch more photos "as of today", India as it was, and as it now is!]
           — Harbhajan Turbanator (@harbhajan_singh) April 3, 2020
      While anti-pollution activist Sant Balbir Singh Seeechewal told SBS:
          “We can see the snow-covered mountains clearly from our roofs. And not just that, stars are visible at night. I have never seen anything like this in recent times.”
      .. No less than 21 of the world’s 30 most polluted cities are in the South Asian giant.
      ..

Stunning and beautiful..

Another "clean world" agenda is recycling - remembering that Sweden got so good at recycling they ran into the "problem" of running out of garbage to recycle that they started importing garbage from their neighbours - converting that trash mostly into energy, so i.e. paper, rubber and plastic trash:

  Why Sweden is Importing Garbage from Other Countries
  https://www.generalkinematics.com/blog/sweden-importing-garbage-countries/
    .. In theory, it’s entirely possible that the United States — which currently sends about 54 percent of its waste to landfills — could benefit from implementing a more extensive waste-to-energy program. Most statistics indicate that the average American produces about 1,600 pounds of garbage every year; in other words, there is more than enough WTE fuel spread across the nation.
    ..

There really is no reason, other than problematic gutless beaurocrats, red tape, and our collective will.
  - To increase efficiency of say metal recycling (if this is needed for recycling plants to operate effectively, idk) we can encourage folks to wash out cans, bottles etc, before placing them in the recycling bin(s).
  - Paper, plastic and rubber ought go to WTE (waste to energy recycling) - when done at scale, output can be energy, clean air and water.
  - Existing mega sized landfills may well be minable - dredge up the metal, plastic and rubber, recycle; put some egg heads on figuring out %s of various metals etc in landfill waste dumps - some products like tin or tungsten are minable at around 2 to 3 % (by weight) in normal mines - some of these minerals may be significantly higher in waste landfills.
  - Continue to move to electric vehicles, and invent a cheap, cleanable particulate filter to attach to exhausts of ICE (internal combustion engine) vehicles for the transition to electric.
  - Your idea here :)

Folks we are now literally in a once in a lifetime era of peaceful change - embrace it, share it, pray for it, create it.

Live, love life..